Re: Failure on launching game (error message about displayname field missing fro

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Failure on launching game (error message about displayname field missing from registry)

★★★ Newbie

I bought Mass Effect some days ago i registered it on Origin downloaded and installed it but after that i cannot launch tha game, there always a window comes up whith the error message display name field missing from registry. i already tried to solve the problem by typing in the product code in the bar which is following the window but nothing happend.

ID: Cpl-Hagen

E-mail: [edit: email address removed]

Message 1 of 5 (4,780 Views)

Re: Failure on launching game (error message about displayname field missing from registry)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately there's nothing anyone here can do for you.

The AHQ is for "player-to-player" technical self-help and game-play discussions.

We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

You need "official" support from the EA Game Advisors.

As the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum says:

---------------------------------------------------

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

---------------------------------------------------

Sounds like you have an account/code problem. 

After getting to the Help Center and filling out the required information, (Product/Problem/Platform) look for the "Chat Now", "Call Now", or "Email Now" buttons, not the AHQ "Ask Now" one.  (You've already done that!)

Be sure you have enough time (at least one hour) to wait before being connected to someone.  Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Good Luck! 

Message 2 of 5 (4,744 Views)

Re: Failure on launching game (error message about displayname field missing from registry)

Community Manager

Hi cplhagen,

Can you try repairing the install through Origin? to do so, right click on the game tile and choose to Repair Install.

If that doesn't take, try uninstalling the game and installing again through Origin.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 5 (4,734 Views)

Re: Failure on launching game (error message about displayname field missing fro

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too and fixed it by restaerting the computer and putting Origin in "Online" mode.

Message 4 of 5 (1,067 Views)

Community Manager

@rsdtrzwe wrote:

I had this problem too and fixed it by restaerting the computer and putting Origin in "Online" mode.

@rsdtrzwe 

Thank you for sharing what worked for you.

This post was originally created in 2013 so I will be closing it down. Please try searching for a newer post before creating a new one if you still need assistance.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Forum Rules & Guidelines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#dos-donts

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (950 Views)