EA: Please resolve the ongoing problem from the thread you closed for no reason.

by Anacharsis420

Original Post

EA: Please resolve the ongoing problem from the thread you closed for no reason.

★★ Novice

When I click "download" on Mass Effect 2 dlcs, they download and then show an orange button saying "Install." When I click Install, it does absolutely nothing and continues to display the Install button. If I restart Origin, the DLCs have an orange button saying "Download", despite already being downloaded; if I click that button, it says "preparing download" and then does nothing. 

There was a  thread about this which got closed, with a message saying that problem had already been resolved. Dozens of people were saying that the issue was still happening; EA's repeated insistence that they had fixed the problem (and subsequently closing the thread to stop further discussion) is disgusting. From what I saw in that thread, people were complaining about DLC not installing properly since November. That's three months. EA representatives kept asking for system specifications and such so as to deflect responsibility; the problem was with the Origin client, not with every individual customer's computer.

Stop ignoring the people who gave you money to use overpriced DLCs which they can't access properly. Stop asking people what they've tried or how their computers are set up; when that number of people report the same problem on a thread, and when they continue to report the problem after providing their specs and trying every solution offered, the issue is CLEARLY on Origin's side, not theirs. 

I'm aware that you can download the DLC through the Bioware social network site; that would be an acceptable solution if the problem had just been discovered. It is not acceptable that I should still have to do so three months after people first complained about problems on Origin .

Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: EA: There is no "EA" in here on a Sunday. You are in the wrong place.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are in the wrong place.  Official Tech is on EA's Help Center.  We are gamers here.  We don't fix any problems, we analyze them, identify them, develop work-arounds, commiserate with one another, stuff like that.  The moderators here get paid to watch the civility level, not solve problems.  That's a game Adviser's job, over on th Help Center site. 

If you have problems with the way Answers HQ operates, that's not a GAME problem at all.  You can try to register a complaint / post a question here, perhaps: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-Help/bd-p/AnswerHQHelp

Since you are complaining, not asking for your fellow gamers' help, chances are this thread, being off-topic, should be locked.  

Message 2 of 2 (188 Views)