Downloadable Content Issues Installing

by nickthedood23

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Downloadable Content Issues Installing

★★★ Newbie

For some reason when I'm installing the DLC for Mass Effect 2 (kasumi, shadow broker, etc.) the content will download but when it transitions to install it stays at 0%. I've tried uninstalling origin & reinstalling, clearing the origin cache, as well as running Origin as Admin. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Mass Effect 2,  no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloadable Content Issues Installing

Community Manager

@nickthedood23 Have you tried pausing and resuming if given the option?

It can be a number of things stopping you installing, firewall and anti-virus and as such the best thing to do is take a look at this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:

1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
    3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
    4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
    5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (545 Views)

All Replies

Re: Downloadable Content Issues Installing

Community Manager

@nickthedood23 Have you tried pausing and resuming if given the option?

It can be a number of things stopping you installing, firewall and anti-virus and as such the best thing to do is take a look at this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:

2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
    3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
    4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
    5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (546 Views)