DLC crashing

by Matheuss08

Original Post

Dot.: DLC crashing

★ Novice
@Matheuss08 Now is March 2020 and I am the next person with same trouble.
This is such a shame!
Message 11 of 14 (521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I've done everything all these threads recommend. Full reinstall of game, full reinstall of origin, etc. The renaming binaries and adding the -nomoviestartup doesn't work either, because then origin wont launch the game, instead it redownloads everything and repairs/reinstalls the game. An actual fix would be wonderful as I am now stuck trying to leave the Shadow Brokers Base, and am stuck there. Previous manual save was hours earlier. -_-

Message 12 of 14 (454 Views)

@TheTerrorInTruth 

So you create a desktop shortcut of the "MassEffect2.exe" and add the line -nomoviestartup to the Target line like this:

...Binaries\Win32" -nomoviestartup (With a space before the (-) )

You start the game over that shortcut, but then Origin is trying to re-downloading the game?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 14 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

well this is a pathetic display of how after what? 15 years of not ever wanting to fix a major MAJOR problem with the game and they still don't give two S#^ts about how broken things like this really are 9 times doing this mission trying to figure out wtf is going on pfff

anyway thought id share what fixed it for me since some things have changed

MassEffect2.exe and MEGame.exe switch the names in Binaries folder then after make the short cut of MassEffect2.exe and add -nomoviestartup and admin

once you start it you should notice the admin mode working as well as the no movies at startup

Message 14 of 14 (397 Views)