Crashing

by DouwDPJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing

★★★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing problems with my copy of mass effect 2, when ever I press escape the game crashes. Please Help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing

Message 2 of 4 (1,485 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 4 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, there might be some background programs conflicting during gameplay. Or your firewall software might be blocking network connection to the server and vice versa.

The first thing you have to do is download PCFresher. Click the Services Optimizer tab, select "Gaming computer (Extreme performance)" option and then click the Optimize Services button.

Secondly, un-block network attempts or simply turn off your Windows or third party Firewall software. Click Start, type "Windows Firewall" in the Search Box. Open it, click "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off" on the right hand side panel. Select "Turn Off Windows Firewall" option under both Private and Public Networks. Click OK.

You won't experience crashes again!

Message 3 of 4 (823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@420420420024 wrote:

Well, there might be some background programs conflicting during gameplay. Or your firewall software might be blocking network connection to the server and vice versa.

The first thing you have to do is download PCFresher. Click the Services Optimizer tab, select "Gaming computer (Extreme performance)" option and then click the Optimize Services button.

Secondly, un-block network attempts or simply turn off your Windows or third party Firewall software. Click Start, type "Windows Firewall" in the Search Box. Open it, click "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off" on the right hand side panel. Select "Turn Off Windows Firewall" option under both Private and Public Networks. Click OK.

You won't experience crashes again!

That sounds awesome and I tried that, but PCFresher told me I need to purchase it to use the "Extreme performance" option. Problem is, I don't have any money. The game was a gift from a friend. Do you know of any free alternatives?

Message 4 of 4 (738 Views)