Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

by TBRGo2Sl3ep

Original Post

Re: Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

★★★★ Newbie

The "solution" does not for for me and a few others, this is still an issue and many people cannot access thier dlc that they paid for. If you could reply and find a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 21 of 31 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CarTann_1018

You have the exact same error as in the OP of this thread? (Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out)

Have your DLCs already been activated in this ME2 installation.

Did you tried to log in manually?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 22 of 31 (1,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For those, who have no idea whats wrong after you did everything listed above&prev. pages:

It's worth a try to Repair the game through Origin.

I was very desperate in the last 2 hours, tried literally everything above and for a last try I clicked at Repair.

Finally. I'm almost crying though I'm 25 and should work with my simulation thesis.

So in conclusion: Always try the less obvious options too.

Message 23 of 31 (1,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thats a lie, I played through the whole game and only at the end realised that none of the DLC worked, now I need to play again if I want to have kasumi in ME3, thanks troll
Message 24 of 31 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wish there was some clarity as to WHICH lines to get rid of </3

Message 25 of 31 (337 Views)

@TBRGo2Sl3ep 

Host.png

This is a standard "Hosts" file.
If there are other lines in this file you did not personally edited in then either you ran a software that did it or, more likely, you have a virus or malware on your computer.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 26 of 31 (328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Roger that. 

i make sure to keep this beast clean. And I know for sure I don’t touch stuff that I dont 100% understand, unless researched first. Gonna try a few things today to see if I can get somewhere. I’m hot garbage @ ME without a controller 💔💔💔

Message 27 of 31 (319 Views)

@TBRGo2Sl3ep 

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/62

Wink

Message 28 of 31 (308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I still get the "Communication with the Mass Effect 2 Server has been interrupted or timed out. Please try again later" message. Even after following the steps </3 Even went as far as generating a new hosts file. Can't redeem my Cerberus code, and a few other DLC codes. 

Message 29 of 31 (300 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Controller mod worked like a F()*&$%#^* champ tho! You the best!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Message 30 of 31 (292 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help