Re: Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

by Holger1405

Original Post

Re: Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

★★★ Newbie

The "solution" does not for for me and a few others, this is still an issue and many people cannot access thier dlc that they paid for. If you could reply and find a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 21 of 46 (4,104 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CarTann_1018

You have the exact same error as in the OP of this thread? (Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out)

Have your DLCs already been activated in this ME2 installation.

Did you tried to log in manually?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 22 of 46 (4,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For those, who have no idea whats wrong after you did everything listed above&prev. pages:

It's worth a try to Repair the game through Origin.

I was very desperate in the last 2 hours, tried literally everything above and for a last try I clicked at Repair.

Finally. I'm almost crying though I'm 25 and should work with my simulation thesis.

So in conclusion: Always try the less obvious options too.

Message 23 of 46 (3,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thats a lie, I played through the whole game and only at the end realised that none of the DLC worked, now I need to play again if I want to have kasumi in ME3, thanks troll
Message 24 of 46 (3,665 Views)

★ Novice

Wish there was some clarity as to WHICH lines to get rid of </3

Message 25 of 46 (3,082 Views)

@TBRGo2Sl3ep 

Host.png

This is a standard "Hosts" file.
If there are other lines in this file you did not personally edited in then either you ran a software that did it or, more likely, you have a virus or malware on your computer.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 26 of 46 (3,073 Views)

★ Novice

Roger that. 

i make sure to keep this beast clean. And I know for sure I don’t touch stuff that I dont 100% understand, unless researched first. Gonna try a few things today to see if I can get somewhere. I’m hot garbage @ ME without a controller 💔💔💔

Message 27 of 46 (3,064 Views)

@TBRGo2Sl3ep 

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/62

Wink

Message 28 of 46 (3,053 Views)

★ Novice

So I still get the "Communication with the Mass Effect 2 Server has been interrupted or timed out. Please try again later" message. Even after following the steps </3 Even went as far as generating a new hosts file. Can't redeem my Cerberus code, and a few other DLC codes. 

Message 29 of 46 (3,045 Views)

★ Novice

Controller mod worked like a F()*&$%#^* champ tho! You the best!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Message 30 of 46 (3,037 Views)