Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

by Kukoy85

Original Post

Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the following error when trying to login to the cerberus network on my xbox 360.

Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out. Please try again later."

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my wireless network.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my wireless adapter.

I tried turning off auto login.

Message 1 of 15 (12,793 Views)

Re: Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

★★★ Newbie

Seriously, why is no one responding to this thread?

I am not able to access the CNW that is REQUIRED to play my Mass 2 character I imported three months ago. I am three missions in on Insanity mode at Lvl 30 on this particular run through, and now I can't play because the CNW isn't working.

What is going on? There was a "game update" before mine crapped out.

Message 2 of 15 (12,661 Views)

Re: Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out

★★★ Novice

They've closed down the "Cerberus Network"-servers. This also affects the availability of the free content (Zaeed, Firewalker etc.)

I guess the intern was appointed the task of this "update", hence the few issues (sarcasm may be present).

Message 3 of 15 (12,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a way around this? I recently reinstalled ME2 so I can do another playthrough, installed all the DLC, and I want to play it. I PAID FOR THIS CONTENT, LET ME USE IT.

Message 4 of 15 (12,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

@aidenraine wrote:

is there a way around this? I recently reinstalled ME2 so I can do another playthrough, installed all the DLC, and I want to play it. I PAID FOR THIS CONTENT, LET ME USE IT.

No. I've been waiting for 2 weeks now - support keeps claiming that they're working on a solution. Kinda hard to actually imagine how hard it is to contact Sony and Microsoft to tell them, that the "Cerberus Pack" should be available for everyone to download (currently only digital owners can download the Cerberus Pack). Keep contacting their support (phone or chat), keep complaining. They might actually do something about it.

Message 5 of 15 (12,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still nothing on this? ive been waiting to play after grudging threw one and i even got all the dlc! 40 bucks down the drain or is there no solution? 

Message 6 of 15 (12,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tired turning off the X-Box, signing out and signing back in, trading discs and it is still not letting me on.

Message 7 of 15 (12,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CobraKommanda wrote:

Still nothing on this? ive been waiting to play after grudging threw one and i even got all the dlc! 40 bucks down the drain or is there no solution? 

No. I've given up. Last I spoke with EA chat, another Indian who knew nothing about the game or the issue (even though the same ticket was used every time), didn't seem to give two sh*ts about the issue. In fact, as a "solution" he said I could just return the game (4 years old) and buy the digital copy instead. Worst support center to date, really.

Message 8 of 15 (12,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so nothing at all 4 us disc owners on have to connect with server really thats just wrong

Message 9 of 15 (12,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hi everyone ive just figured out how to fix the problem you have to restart your profile heres the linK to restart your profile I know its about live log in but it will help you get into the game but make sure the disc is not in the xbox when you restart make sure you follow the steps ...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHs-W3sh5g once you have done that put the disc back in and it should play I know it works because I just did for my partner 5 minutes ago before I posted on here.
Message 10 of 15 (12,264 Views)