Can't play Mass Effect 2

by AceAvion

Original Post

Can't play Mass Effect 2

★ Novice

I've downloaded Mass Effect 2 on EA Origin. I really wanted to play this game but I can't because when I attempt to install it... "DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occurred.". I went to different sites and downloaded * that claimed to fix it but nothing works.... I'm getting annoyed with this happening with EA games. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

Re: Can't play Mass Effect 2

★ Novice

For no reason, the game suddenly plays but now I have a new issue. I played the first Mass Effect on Steam and when I attempt to import this character into Mass Effect 2, it claims that the is no saves found.... Really?! Unlimited issues I keep running into. If any of you know how to help, please do. Ill keep trying on my own until then.

Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Can't play Mass Effect 2

@AceAvion

Go to your ME2 Save folder (documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save) and create a folder named

"ME1" (without the quotes) inside the ME2 save folder.

Then copy all ME1 save games into that folder. Now ME2 should be able to "see" your ME1 character.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (348 Views)