Re: Can't find ME2 DLC after recent update

by Snowcrash000

Original Post

@CptDipStick92

EC.png

But for ME2 they where there all the time on my side. After your first post I discovered that the ME3 DLCs I don't own (the MP DLCs) where missing too, but they are back by now.   

I think this is still aftermath from the problems in the last days, but you could try to clear the Origin cache.

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delate the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

Also make sure to preform a true restart of your machine, (Not hibernation or just shut down and start again.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 21 (682 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue on the Xbox 360. I've tried downloading both Kasumi and Shadow broker and am getting the error code 80153003. This error code points towards missing content.

Message 12 of 21 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

@holger1405 Hey there,

So I repeated your steps exactly, but still no change for ME2. I had a look at my ME3 extra content list and there's some stuff there that I havent purchased that shows up (see me3.png), but my list of ME2 DLC still shows only the stuff I own, and nothing more (see me2.png for the full list). Could this be a sudden region constraint maybe? I wonder if @Snowcrash000's experiencing the same thing, just on the console version?

What I've done to carry on playing is install my friend's retail version and follow the link:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/
To install the DLC I wanted and continue, but for someone with a console I can't imagine something like this could be done

Message 13 of 21 (662 Views)

@CptDipStick92

Ok, I just chatted with a EA CM and she confirmed that there are still server issues, but a fix is scheduled. Unfortunately there is no ETA for that fix.

She also looked at your account, and while everting seems to be in order it appears that you have the Standard and the Deluxe edition at your account.

So, you should check both "extra content"  sections just to make sure.

It still could be a account or connection problem, so if the problem is still there in a few days you should contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

If you have trouble with the contact attempt look at this guide

@Snowcrash000

Your problem could be very well interrelate to the server problem.

Still, I would recommand to contact XBox support and if they can't help you also EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 14 of 21 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've already tried contacting EA, BioWare and Microsoft, but have not heard back from any of them. EA even just closed my ticket without any kind of feedback, great customer service. There are multiple users reporting this issue here, on the xbox support forums and reddit, it's obviously not some isolated incident but a major issue with the xbox marketplace/EA servers and possibly Origins.

Is it really too much to ask to get an official statement from a CM concerning this? After all we are trying to give our money to EA and they are just standing there with their arms crossed, going "NOPE!" An ETA for a fix really would be much appreciated as I'm nearing the end of my playthrough and don't know if it's worth waiting for a fix or if I should just finish without the DLC. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

Message 15 of 21 (636 Views)

@Snowcrash000

They ticket is still there and you can follow up on that ticket whenever you want, but there is nothing support can do about this matter. They are as dependent on the technicians as you and I are regarding this problem.

The same is true for the CMs, they can give you an ETA because they don't have one.

@CptDipStick92

I overlooked an workaround for your problem. Sorry about that.

Go here. > logon with the same credentials you use for your Origin account.

In the side bar go to "My Games > Your registered game content > look if the DLCs you own are there.

If yes > In the main bar got to "Games" > Mass Effect 2 > Official DLC

Here you should be able to purchase the DLCs you want. > After purchase download them from "Your registered game content" or from the Classic DLC page and install them.

Message 16 of 21 (614 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 wrote:

@Snowcrash000

They ticket is still there and you can follow up on that ticket whenever you want

That's a new ticket I opened after the first one was closed.

Message 17 of 21 (608 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Someone on the xbox support forums claims that Microsoft support told him that they "no longer have the license" for the missing DLC. I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean excatly, but I find it slightly worrying...

Message 18 of 21 (595 Views)

@CptDipStick92

Could you tell us in what region you're in?

Message 19 of 21 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@holger1405 Hey there, 

Apologies for no response yesterday - I did have a look at both Mass Effect 2 & Mass Effect 2: Digital Deluxe when previously checking that the DLC is listed.

Regarding my region, I'm in Africa.

@Snowcrash000 Not sure if that might be an isolated case though, I doubt Origin would suddenly not hold the licences for the old Bioware content :o

Message 20 of 21 (544 Views)