Can't download Mass Effect 2 DLC from EA

by ariyell

Original Post

Can't download Mass Effect 2 DLC from EA

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have owned Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam basically since they came out. I recently re-downloaded the games to play and am having difficulty downloading the DLC from the EA website. I had previously purchased them all using Bioware points back in the day, and they were authorized to be used with my EA Online account.

Last night I was able to successfully download all the smaller DLC packs but the "larger" Lair of the Shadowbroker, Overlord, and Kasumi DLCs are failing due to network error every time I try. I suspect there may be a host-side issue, as my internet connection seems to be functioning well without any problems and I have plenty of hard drive space.

After many tries I finally was able to finish the Kasumi download, but Overlord and Shadow Broker keep failing due to network error at around 0.2/1.5GB. Sometimes they fail immediately after initiating the download.

Can anyone help me get back these DLCs? Shadow Broker is one of my favorite things about ME2.

Message 1 of 6 (1,505 Views)

Re: Can't download Mass Effect 2 DLC from EA

@ariyell 

I can download both Shadow Broker and Overlord.
Do you get a invalid Certificate warning after starting the download?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (1,478 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry to hijack this post but i am having the "get a invalid Certificate warning" when i click the dlc i want to download. I own ME:2 on steam and have just bought the dlc bundle on origin. I've linked the keys on origin but i dont no if the site is safe to download from with this domain error. Whats it mean and can i continue past it to download the dlc? Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (1,295 Views)

@renagade198 

Here are workarounds that should make you be able to download the DLCs.

Use this at your own risk, you should reverse the changes in your browser right after you downloaded the DLCs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (1,281 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Holger.

I'm not sure whats happened but I went to origin and downloaded the dlc's individually from the dlc bundle and they installed into my steam folder. I verified ME:2 on steam once I downloaded all the dlc's and 41 files were redownloaded from steam. I ran the game from steam and signed into cerberus and all dlc is there and showing up in game, working 100%. I haven't installed ME:2 on origin. Maybe this will help others in future.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Message 5 of 6 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Novice
@renagade198 Hey thank You so much!!!
You can rely on steam that they get things done, but why did EA mess with everything they have their hands on? That is so annoying!!! I think it's their job to mess things upp.
Message 6 of 6 (642 Views)