Re: Can't connect to Cerberus network in Mass Effect 2

by vine-au

Original Post

★★ Novice
Activate the game and DLC through Origin first, then load the game. It will ask you to log in again to your EA account to access Cerberus (use your Origin credentials here), your DLC will now be available.

This works for the Steam version as well.
Message 21 of 32 (5,301 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@vine-au I had the same problem so I decided to read the comments. Dude, thank you so f* much <3
Message 22 of 32 (4,781 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad I could help :D

Message 23 of 32 (4,769 Views)

★ Guide
@vine-au Thanks loads, you solved the problem for me too! I'm so glad I read through the entire thread first. Wink
Message 24 of 32 (4,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Upon finding this error my self, I said I would give it some time and hopefully it would be back online... few days later, no joy. So looking it up and finding the forms about this issue, I was looking at what was the best option. This is what I did to get my ME2 back up and running, disabled my anti virus (avast is the program) and relaunched the game. When the error code came up I hit ESC by accident and it took me to the main screen. So Curiosity got the best of me and I hit the connect button for the Cerb network, I input my log in info and bam!!!! I’m back on the Cerb network and game is running just fine. That’s what I did step for step. Hope it helps y’all get back to the game.

Message 25 of 32 (3,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Mobius_X-02; I've never had the total "Won't start" that you did, but when I decided to do my umpteenth full ME1/2/3 playthrough this month (WFH and doing the self-isolation thing, so time-on-hands) I encountered the "Not connected to EA Servers" message for the first time since initially installing ME2 years ago.

I just hit the "Connect" option on the opening Menu screen (the one with the two laptops) and put in my EA account info, then I connect with no problem.  But I do have to do it every time I start the game now!  Angel

[EDIT:  I don't have this issue with either ME1 or ME3.  Both start and "connect" just fine.]

Message 26 of 32 (3,545 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After uninstalling it and reinstalling it on the same PC that had the problem in the first place it worked without any trouble, just as it was meant to instal and play. That was until that PC died on me and I head to get a new one... than it was back.

Before doing the fix that I knew would work I tried this one, and it did it. So this might work as well. 
Thought I was worth noting. 

Message 27 of 32 (3,529 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As I understand problem with autologin to Cerberus Network is global problem ? I played it 1 year ago and all was fine, but now autologin not working (tested by me on Windows 7/8.1/10 1809 (LTSC)). With ME3 no problems.

Message 28 of 32 (3,452 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The problem I had wasn't with auto login. What happend was that the game wouldn't access the Cerberus network at all.

As it is quite a time ago I don't remember exactly. But as far as I remember when I started the game it said I needed to login to the Cerberus network. But it kept giving errors that I couldn't connect I don't remember exactly anymore.

And even when I was in the menu and tried to connect it said (I think) something that I needed to get the Cerberus network pass or something from bioware store/site.

But I already had downloaded/unlocked it in the DLC's page in origin. But since that didn't work I accessed it on the bioware site and got it there. But it still didn't work.

Normally something like this, in a offline singleplayer game this wouldn't be a big issues. It was just that  because I couldn't access the Cerberus network the game wouldn't verify the DLC's I bought, resulting in me buying them but not being able to play them.

But only the post marked as solution worked.

And when I recently wanted to install it on m y new pc I got a error saying I couldn't login to the Cerberus network. First I checked if I had access to the DLC's but that was again a no go but when I pressed connect in the menu it connected. Though I have cleared the caches first just in case 😂.

Just wanted to note that this sometimes can work but if you read through the posts you can see that I tried that the first time and it didn't work. Nothing worked only a outside program used for mods worked. 

Message 29 of 32 (3,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@vine-au no idea if anyone would see this but am currently having this same problem with the dlcs being unable to verify so could someone walk me through the solution step by step if possible. new to pc gaming so very ignorant to a lot
Message 30 of 32 (2,971 Views)