Re: Can't connect to Cerberus network in Mass Effect 2

by Holger1405

Original Post

@BobFAccounting

BobFAccounting wrote:

I would really appreciate it if someone who works for EA, like the community manager - or someone on the dev team - would respond with an accurate and effective solution path for this issue. We as consumers have spent time and money to attempt to address this issue, and it is further proof of this corporations disinterest in helping their customers. When they refuse to keep vital services available to the consumer, when those services are absolutely necessary for them to make use of their products.

AHQ is first and foremost a player help player forum.

The Cerberus network is not longer necessary to use ME2 and all the DLCs, but besides this, it is still up and running.

If you can't connect the error is either on your system, your network, or at your ISP.

Meaning, there is no general solution for this problem.

Furthermore, what do you mean by "(And every link that would get me to the Cerberus Network)"?

There is only one way to connect to the Cerberus network, and that is in game at the start screen.

Are you on a university or other non private network?

Do your credentials include special characters? 

Do you use any Mods?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 36 (3,704 Views)

★★ Novice

@Holger1405

There is no need to condescend to someone looking for help, first off. I did not condescend to anyone on this forum, I simply stated my displeasure at the lackadaisical attitude EA has toward it's fans and consumers. I also asked for a community manager or someone who has experience on the dev team, so that I could receive support from someone with more technical expertise. That is a preference, not a demand. 

Additionally, the Cerberus Network service is absolutely necessary to make use of the digital deluxe edition of the game, with all of the DLC. - That is if I am looking to make us of my DLC purchases without modding, or using third party cracks or services. I.e. If I need to connect to this service, in order to activate and verify my DLC purchases, than it is a necessary service.

To answer your questions:

Furthermore, what do you mean by "(And every link that would get me to the Cerberus Network)"?

There is only one way to connect to the Cerberus network, and that is in game at the start screen.

There are multiple links provided in the start-up screen when you are attempting to connect to the Cerberus Network, including a link to a site that is no longer available. That site redirects you to the BSN, which also no longer supports the Cerberus Network, or downloading the DLC. Luckily I did my research and located the new site resource that provides these downloads directly. However, once you download and install these DLC's - even if you have registered them to your EA/Origin account, which I already have done, you still receive a message on start up that states that your DLC is not activated and that you need to sign into the Cerberus Network in order to activate them. That being said, any time I attempt to login I receive an error message stating: "Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out. Please try again later."

Are you on a university or other non private network?

Do your credentials include special characters? 

Do you use any Mods?

I'm going to answer all of these questions at once. The answer to all of them is NO. I do not use anything other than my own private network. I do not have any special characters in my user credentials. And I do not have any mods installed in the game.

Message 22 of 36 (3,693 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @BobFAccounting

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with Cerberus Network Frown

I'm afraid I don't have much more to say, besides what @Holger1405 already mentioned Embarrassed I would really recommend trying out a few connectivity troubleshooting steps and if they won't help, please reach out to our live support via EA Help. Our game advisers will be able to check out if everything is okay with your EA account.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 23 of 36 (3,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried downloading the thing that the stickies told me to, and now my game simply won't launch at all. Not much of a solution...

Message 24 of 36 (3,612 Views)

@BaldurAnthology

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Then repair the game:

In Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair.

In Steam > right click at ME2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cach.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 25 of 36 (3,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ended up having to transfer my codes from steam into.. *Shudder* origin and install via that. Steam apparently just won't work.

Message 26 of 36 (3,597 Views)

★★★ Novice
I recently downloaded ME2 and the complete DLC pack on Origin and installed them. I can't connect to the Cerberus Network so I can't see the DLCs.

I tried the DLL patcher and my DLCs still aren't working. Any suggestions?
Message 27 of 36 (3,581 Views)

@rcolol

Are you on a Private network or on a university network?

Did you try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME2 > Repair)

Did you Restart your router? (Power cable out > wait 5 minutes > power cable in.)

Are you double checked that you used the right DLL patcher? (For ME2 not 3)

Did you disabled the firewall and the real time scanner of your Anti-Virus software?

Does your user name contains special characters?

Message 28 of 36 (3,567 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

Private Network

Repaired the game

Restarted router and modem

DLL patcher is correct

Disabled

No special characters

Oddly enough, I managed to log in to the Cerberus Network, but my DLC still isn't showing up. It still shows up as installed on Origin.

Re-install the whole game maybe?

Message 29 of 36 (3,557 Views)

@rcolol

What DLC is that exactly?

Message 30 of 36 (3,540 Views)