Re: Camera issues Mass Effect 2 and 3

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera issues Mass Effect 2 and 3

★★★ Newbie

Hey all I'm having a problem with both mass effect 2 and 3. When i start up the game my camera stays locked in its position. I can move shepard and the camera follows him, however it refuses to turn or respond to any input given by the mouse. On top of this in mass effect 3 i have the same problem and the main menu behaves erratic (double clicks required, can't scroll down in the caracter customisation window etc). I have reinstalled both games and used the repair tool to no effect. I have also checked this forum if anyone else has had this problem so far i have encountered two people with similar problems but no awnsers on how to solve this.

'

Can someone help me? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (2,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Sammaelllll

Disable "Origin in Game"

If that don't helps, preform a clean boot and see if the issue persists.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,664 Views)

All Replies

Mods??  Mouse brand??  DxDiag file??  How many mice are shown in your control panel hardware info section??  Basically with the last I want to know if the game may be trying to use a different mouse than the one you are trying to use.  Also make sure you don't have a controller hooked up and the game is by mistake trying to use it.  So just have your keyboard, and one mouse hooked up as input devices, any more and one may be interfering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (2,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not use mods for either Mass Effect game. My mouse is a Contus speedlink SL-680002-BKRD-V2. I ran DxDiag and it show I only have one mouse active but also two USB keyboards (for some reason). I also do not have a controller plugged into my computer. I did at one point replace my mouse after i saw this might fix the problem, which it did for about half an hour after which it broke again. So do think the fix you suggest is the correct one but i might be doing something wrong.

Got any more advice? It has been very helpful thus far.

Message 3 of 6 (2,439 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sammaelllll

Disable "Origin in Game"

If that don't helps, preform a clean boot and see if the issue persists.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (2,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling Origin in Game worked everything is working normally again in both Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Thanks Holger you've made my day.

Message 5 of 6 (2,407 Views)

@Sammaelllll

You're welcome, have fun gaming.

Message 6 of 6 (2,390 Views)