Bought ME2 through Origin and DLC and DLC will not work

by JollyRake

Original Post

Bought ME2 through Origin and DLC and DLC will not work

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! 

I am such a huge ME2 fan that I downloaded and signed up for Origin just for access to it. When I found out I needed to buy the DLC in addition to the Deluxe version, I was fine with it because I really wanted to play it again. However, despite buying and downloading all the DLC- anytime I launch the game it prompts that it cannot connect to the servers and a bunch of my DLCs will not work(like Genesis, Shadow Broker, and a few others that I honestly really want). I tried deleting the local files and relaunching as advertised in another location and my EA login works just fine. I really want this game to work and will be happy to try any options. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,000 Views)

Re: Bought ME2 through Origin and DLC and DLC will not work

@JollyRake 

@JollyRake wrote:

I tried deleting the local files and relaunching as advertised in another location and my EA login works just fine. I really want this game to work and will be happy to try any options. 

But the in game login don't works if I get you right?

Are you on a private or on a public (University) network? 

Is your E-mail or your password containing special characters?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on a private network at my house. My email address has no special characters and my password as one in it. I can log in to the network fine but the DLC will not work, like I get a list that prompts as soon as I load the game telling me what content will not load. For example, one listed is Genesis and then I log into the Network and I see it on the side being prompted as an available content but when I start a new game I don't get the Genesis intro. 

Message 3 of 4 (928 Views)

@JollyRake 

Do you use mods?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (910 Views)