Authorization conundrum.

by Spehhsmehreens

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Authorization conundrum.

★ Novice

I have purchased Mass Effect 2 deluxe edition on steam, and used this link (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect) to download the DLC for mass effect 2. The downloads worked perfectly for ME1, but ME2 I start seeing issues. Only a handful of downloads work, while the game is not able to authorize the rest. What should I do? 

Message 1 of 10 (790 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Authorization conundrum.

[ Edited ]

@Spehhsmehreens

Did you purchase this DLCs with the ME2 DLC pack or with Bioware points on Origin?

As said, they are not free to use, they need to be purchase, only then will they be authorized.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (769 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Spehhsmehreens

Can I ask with which ME2 DLCs exactly do you have a problem and which DLCs are already authorised on Origin? Wondering

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 10 (772 Views)

@Spehhsmehreens

Just tested the download, and all DLCs downloaded fine for me.

You are aware that the DLCs under "DLC:" (Genesis, Arrival...)  on the page you linked are not part of the Deluxe edition content and must be bought separately?

The are available in the "ME2 DLC pack".

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 3 of 10 (767 Views)

★ Novice

I am aware they are not part of the deluxe edition, I just thought that the DLC can be found on that link. 

Message 4 of 10 (746 Views)

★ Novice

The following will not authorize: 

-Both alternate appearance packs 

-Lair of the Shadow Broker 

-Kasumi 

-Arrival

-Overlord 

-Equalizer Pack

Message 5 of 10 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Spehhsmehreens

Did you purchase this DLCs with the ME2 DLC pack or with Bioware points on Origin?

As said, they are not free to use, they need to be purchase, only then will they be authorized.

Message 6 of 10 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

I bought ME2 on DVD about 8 (or so) years ago, but only 1 year ago I started playing it.

I now downloaded the DLC (after ppl told me last year it was no longer available), an I would really like to replay the game with the full DLC.

Now my question:

Will I be able to without rebuying the game via origin? If I try to login to the cerberus network I constantly get the "connection interrupted or timed out" message, and I already killed everything in my hosts file (which I wasnt fond of but still did), but nothing worked yet (Win7 x64).

thanks in advance

regards

Message 7 of 10 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SoEinRotz2000

Interessanter Username übrigens. Wink

You should be able to redeem the CD key in Origin without problems.

Origin menu top left > Origin > Redeem product code (Produktcode einlösen) 

Message 8 of 10 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Holger,

well tbh I dont even know what Origin is and so far I didnt plan to install additional Software just to be able to play a game I bought so long ago. But I understand that it would probably be my only choice. What Origin is and how it works I can find out via googleing it. thanks so far.

Der Username, ja der entsprang kurzentschlossen dem Umstand, dass es schon ein Riesen Rotz ist, wenn der Betreiber irgendwann dicht macht und man nicht mehr an allen Content kommt. Aber genauso wie irgendwelche Serien nur noch max. 2-3 Staffeln laufen, so "halten" die Software-Unternehmen wohl auch immer weniger lange. Danke jedenfalls Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SoEinRotz2000

Well, for ME3, if you want to finish the series, you need Origin anyway. Wink

Basically, all content is still available for all Mass Effect games, and the chances that EA will be out of business in the near future are slim.

(And if they do one day, they will hopefully remove the DRM from the games.) so you should be fine. Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (659 Views)