Advanced Training bug

by westb3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advanced Training bug

★★★ Newbie

I am in my first playthrough of ME2, PC version, on Steam. When I try using the Advanced Training to switch out my powers the ezoo gets deducted but the window to choose a new power does not appear, instead I get the journal update but keep the same previously chosen advanced training option. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Advanced Training bug

Community Manager

Yeah that sounds like exactly what happened. I'd imagine there's no quick fix other  than reverting to a save before it happened or restarting entirely, but neither of them seem feasible. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (5,381 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hmm, if you try to load an earlier save and try again, does that help? Do you have enough loyalty missions complete to have available bonus powers?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (5,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Earlier saves seem to not change anything, I have 8 squad members and 7 are loyal. 

Message 3 of 9 (5,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hmm, I'm unsure then. It's been some time since a ME2 playthrough but I don't remember any specific issues with this skill/power. When you hit "research" does the window just close, or do you get an error? Does the point allocation skill work ok?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (5,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After I hit research it deducts the ezoo, the window closes, I get a journal entry update type message in the lower right and the squad point screen comes up. But once I am there in the squad point area I can't pick a different power, just finish placing any points I have not spent.  I am sure I am on the right research option as one does this, the other resets all the squad point picks for Shep just the way it is supposed to. 

Message 5 of 9 (5,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just found that after finishing another loyalty mission I get the option to select the NEW loyalty power, but I can't go back and pick an older one, I hit research, I get to pick the new one from a list still in side research, then I get the squad points screen. 

I think I see what is more specifically bugged right now, I get the exact same as above when I go back in and train again. So it seems what has happened is that the game has lost track of which squad members should be loyal for the power selection. 

(I am aware you can loose loyalty of some members during conflict, that is not happening here as this is hitting squad members that still register as loyal during squad selection AND include members like Mordan who don't become disloyal after it is gained.

Message 6 of 9 (5,152 Views)

Community Manager

Yeah that sounds like exactly what happened. I'd imagine there's no quick fix other  than reverting to a save before it happened or restarting entirely, but neither of them seem feasible. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (5,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not solved. Only have two options for advanced training. Nothing fixes it all squad members are loyal and still have fortification and shredder ammo. The two worst.

Message 8 of 9 (2,081 Views)

★★ Novice

Sane issue and no badges.  My loyalty missions are not showing up as completed either.

Message 9 of 9 (1,835 Views)