Re: AWC.DLL Problem

by seekrt

Original Post

AWC.DLL Problem

★★★ Newbie
Hey guys, I am unable to load mass effect due to the awc.dll problem. I have attempted to follow the instructions given here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/804361. But I don't have the EAAccessInstaller.exe file. Any help would be great. Sean
Message 1 of 9 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah me either, is it because we have it through origin?

Message 2 of 9 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This desperately needs to be fixed. I wanted to think EA's respective digital distribution medium wasn't utter garbage in comparison to Steam, but when half of my library doesn't even launch properly, I find it hard to disregard such claims.

C'mon, EA. C'mon.

Message 3 of 9 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@catplacenta wrote:

This desperately needs to be fixed. I wanted to think EA's respective digital distribution medium wasn't utter garbage in comparison to Steam, but when half of my library doesn't even launch properly, I find it hard to disregard such claims.

C'mon, EA. C'mon.

EA is not here.  No one but game players have been here since Friday, not even the paid moderators.  You want to complain to EA, do it where they are actually present, at the EA Help Center (which will try to send you back here instead of lettng talk to anyone).  AWC is part of an Adobe program and has been screwed up from the first time any of Bioware's games became available in digital form.  There have been dozens of message threads over all the years, maybe a hundred, even. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I want to add the name of the problem program.  Its name is "Adobe Air".  I am certain it's long since SOLVED back on the BSN, and I can't say I was ever affected.  I have little trust of downloaded software.  I think you just uninstall Air and Reinstall it, and it's much smaller than the game. 

The official techs surely know the answer, if no one here remembers.  We are volunteers, and there are rather few of us here.  Try the Game Advisers on the Help Center,

https://help.ea.com

Message 5 of 9 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel i7-2820QM 2.30 GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

320 GB Hard Drive

DirectX 11.0

Alienware M17RX3

PC version. Downloaded Trilogy from Origin.

Mass Effect 2

Nature of Problem: I will play ME2 for a short time, stop and then be unable to play again. Shutting down Origin and rebooting my system does not even help. I have to UNINSTALL and REINSTALL the game each time I want to play it. And given that I’ve bought quite a few DLC’s for it, it takes nearly an entire day for this to happen. It is very disheartening.

After spending the money on the Trilogy package, then buying all of the game guides, and buying an insane amount of Bioware points to acquire DLC content, when I want to play again after taking a break, I receive an error that is so quick that I can barely read. It’s awc.dll.

Obviously I don’t want to leave my computer on all the time and I’d like to play other versions of Mass Effect for different story lines, but if I do, I know that I’ll have to uninstall and then reinstall the game all over again.

It’s incredibly upsetting to have to go through this time and time and time again every time I want to play. And it isn’t as if my system doesn’t have the resources or isn’t powerful enough to play the games either.

So tell me; after investing all of this money into these games and experiencing so much disappointment, if you were me, what would you do? C’mon EA and Bioware, get on the ball and solve this problem!

Kal-El

Message 6 of 9 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

What have you learned from the official support on Help Center? 

Message 7 of 9 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem.

Reinstalling Air did nothing,

Trying to fix the install found nothing wrong.

I ended up floating my cursor over the ME2 image in origin and tried starting the game from there and it worked.

From then on, I was able to get the game running from the shortcut.

Hope this help.

Message 8 of 9 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

I reinstalled ME 2 initially for a different issue.  When it was finished reinstalling, I was able to play.  Then I installed the 1.02 patch and went to play but I got the awc.dll load failed message.  I read the different fix options people posted, and I discovered I don't have any of the .exe files they were mentioning.  It's frustrating and I'm not sure what to do short of uninstalling again, and playing without the patch.

Anyone have any other options?

Message 9 of 9 (919 Views)