when with mass effect 1 to be fixed black blobs

by lordpeano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

when with mass effect 1 to be fixed black blobs

★ Apprentice

I have been told that there was then was an update of mass effect.  If is it true when with the blobs on Mass Effect 1 be eliminated.      Also why are some of the parts show good shows and in other areas the are black blobs.

I have none that changes have been changed in all of the Mass  Effect  1,2,3 which have reduction of the games.

Message 1 of 4 (1,007 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: when with mass effect 1 to be fixed black blobs

@lordpeano 

lordpeano wrote:

Also why are some of the parts show good shows and in other areas the are black blobs.

I assume you have a AMD CPU and the "black blobs" are showing in the Noveria area?

If yes the "black blobs" happen because AMD decided to discontinue a CPU instruction set that was used in ME1.

There is a mod on the Nexus that fixes this isuue. 

lordpeano wrote:

I have been told that there was then was an update of mass effect. 

The game is 13 years old, there are no update coming anymore.

There are however rumours that the game will be remastered, but there is no official conformation for that yet.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (945 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @lordpeano

What you're describing sounds like there might be some missing textures. Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can take a look? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (963 Views)

@lordpeano 

lordpeano wrote:

Also why are some of the parts show good shows and in other areas the are black blobs.

I assume you have a AMD CPU and the "black blobs" are showing in the Noveria area?

If yes the "black blobs" happen because AMD decided to discontinue a CPU instruction set that was used in ME1.

There is a mod on the Nexus that fixes this isuue. 

lordpeano wrote:

I have been told that there was then was an update of mass effect. 

The game is 13 years old, there are no update coming anymore.

There are however rumours that the game will be remastered, but there is no official conformation for that yet.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 4 (946 Views)

Hero

The remaster is rumored to be announced on N7 day (November 7th) with a release rumored to be in March. take this with a grain of salt, however. This is based on one outlet who interpreted an EA earnings call a certain way.

With the popularity of Ryzen CPUs, a remaster would surely address the compatibility issue, assuming it's actually happening.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (917 Views)