Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

mass effect mouse problem

by n00b_d00d64

Original Post

mass effect mouse problem

★★★★ Novice

i just bought mass effect trilogy, and i have the hypersensitive mouse problem that should be fixed by unplugging any other controllers, however i have unplugged all controllers and have nothing but keyboard and mouse plugged in, yet problem persists. any help appreciated

Message 1 of 13 (5,564 Views)

Re: mass effect mouse problem

★★★★★ Pro

Mouse sensitivity is one of the adjustable settings on the in-game "Controls" screen.

Have you tried changing it there?

Message 2 of 13 (5,532 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem. No, changing mouse sensitivity in game doesn't help. The character basically just spin around 360 degrees even if you only nudge your mouse a bit. It is absolutely UNPLAYABLE. I've tried to find solutions for this, but none of them work for me.

- Turning off Vsync
- Playing with both the "Sensitivity" and "Hardware Mouse"
- Disabling "Precision Cursor" in the windows control panel
- Setting "bEnableMouseSmoothing" in BaseInput.ini to false.
- Unplugging my game controller/joystick

none of them works.
I've tried to update the game and also my mouse driver but  no luck.

Please help.

Message 3 of 13 (5,524 Views)

Mouse Sensitivity Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I recently bought the first Mass Effect after having played 2 and 3 on consoles, and I wanted to play the first one.

I'm playing on my laptop with a wireless mouse attached, but the mouse sensitivity is rendering the game unplayable. If I move the mouse an inch it moves the camera a mile, it's ridiculous. There is only the wireless mouse receiver attached and nothing else. I've changed the settings in game, edited the .ini files and the same problem occurs. I've noticed a lot of people have had this problem and yet there hasn't been any solution. The same happens when I play with the laptops trackpad, so it's not my mouse that's the problem. Can anyone help? 

I should also point out that the camera only works properly when I hold the middle mouse button down, this just seems like a bizarre problem 

Laptop specs are as follows (if it'll help at all)

Processor - Intel i5-3210m @2.5GHz > 3.1GHz

Memory - 6GB

Graphics Card - Nvidea GeForce GT 630m 

All the drivers are updated as well, I'm not sure what else you'd need to know 

Message 4 of 13 (5,447 Views)

Re: Mouse Sensitivity Issue

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you playing with a Logitech mouse? I think the game had issues with those.

Message 5 of 13 (5,420 Views)

Re: Mouse Sensitivity Issue

★★★ Newbie

Yes I'm having the same problem as well, weird thing is that I didn't have the problem at first.  Then I start the game up one day and there it is.  I've uninstalled reinstalled, run repair, deleted save game/settings files.  Everything that the game puts on the comp, and no joy.  My mouse isn't the problem, it works well for all my other applications.  Only thing I can think of is that when I went to one of the add-on areas.  Can't think of the name but, its the space station where you can run simulated missions.  After I saved there and loaded later the problem cropped up and has been there since.

Message 6 of 13 (5,416 Views)

Mass Efect

★★★★ Newbie

So I did start mass effect as a new character on my new pc but my mouse sensitivity is extremely high,in setting in game is on 1 and my mouse has a speed of 200,it is a setting on the mouse, this is the lowest I can go and it is still extremely fast!

Message 7 of 13 (5,310 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its 2019 and they havent fixed the problem yet lol

Message 8 of 13 (2,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@ATLAS_3771;  (Good job necro'íng a five-year-old thread.)

a. Don't think there will be any more "fixes" this decade-old game.

b. Mice are incredibly cheap.  Have you tried a different one?

Message 9 of 13 (2,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Reason being when I purchased this game it didn't say I required a specific mouse.

Message 10 of 13 (2,389 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help