Re: mass effect mouse problem

by ATLAS_3771

Original Post

mass effect mouse problem

★ Novice

i just bought mass effect trilogy, and i have the hypersensitive mouse problem that should be fixed by unplugging any other controllers, however i have unplugged all controllers and have nothing but keyboard and mouse plugged in, yet problem persists. any help appreciated

Message 1 of 13 (8,264 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Mouse sensitivity is one of the adjustable settings on the in-game "Controls" screen.

Have you tried changing it there?

Message 2 of 13 (8,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem. No, changing mouse sensitivity in game doesn't help. The character basically just spin around 360 degrees even if you only nudge your mouse a bit. It is absolutely UNPLAYABLE. I've tried to find solutions for this, but none of them work for me.

- Turning off Vsync
- Playing with both the "Sensitivity" and "Hardware Mouse"
- Disabling "Precision Cursor" in the windows control panel
- Setting "bEnableMouseSmoothing" in BaseInput.ini to false.
- Unplugging my game controller/joystick

none of them works.
I've tried to update the game and also my mouse driver but  no luck.

Please help.

Message 3 of 13 (8,214 Views)

Mouse Sensitivity Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently bought the first Mass Effect after having played 2 and 3 on consoles, and I wanted to play the first one.

I'm playing on my laptop with a wireless mouse attached, but the mouse sensitivity is rendering the game unplayable. If I move the mouse an inch it moves the camera a mile, it's ridiculous. There is only the wireless mouse receiver attached and nothing else. I've changed the settings in game, edited the .ini files and the same problem occurs. I've noticed a lot of people have had this problem and yet there hasn't been any solution. The same happens when I play with the laptops trackpad, so it's not my mouse that's the problem. Can anyone help? 

I should also point out that the camera only works properly when I hold the middle mouse button down, this just seems like a bizarre problem 

Laptop specs are as follows (if it'll help at all)

Processor - Intel i5-3210m @2.5GHz > 3.1GHz

Memory - 6GB

Graphics Card - Nvidea GeForce GT 630m 

All the drivers are updated as well, I'm not sure what else you'd need to know 

Message 4 of 13 (8,137 Views)

Re: Mouse Sensitivity Issue

★★ Guide

Are you playing with a Logitech mouse? I think the game had issues with those.

Message 5 of 13 (8,110 Views)

Re: Mouse Sensitivity Issue

★★★ Newbie

Yes I'm having the same problem as well, weird thing is that I didn't have the problem at first.  Then I start the game up one day and there it is.  I've uninstalled reinstalled, run repair, deleted save game/settings files.  Everything that the game puts on the comp, and no joy.  My mouse isn't the problem, it works well for all my other applications.  Only thing I can think of is that when I went to one of the add-on areas.  Can't think of the name but, its the space station where you can run simulated missions.  After I saved there and loaded later the problem cropped up and has been there since.

Message 6 of 13 (8,106 Views)

Mass Efect

★★★ Newbie

So I did start mass effect as a new character on my new pc but my mouse sensitivity is extremely high,in setting in game is on 1 and my mouse has a speed of 200,it is a setting on the mouse, this is the lowest I can go and it is still extremely fast!

Message 7 of 13 (8,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its 2019 and they havent fixed the problem yet lol

Message 8 of 13 (5,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ATLAS_3771;  (Good job necro'íng a five-year-old thread.)

a. Don't think there will be any more "fixes" this decade-old game.

b. Mice are incredibly cheap.  Have you tried a different one?

Message 9 of 13 (5,083 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Reason being when I purchased this game it didn't say I required a specific mouse.

Message 10 of 13 (5,079 Views)