mass effect lag/low fps

by williamtbrown09

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect lag/low fps

★★★ Newbie

i'm running a very good machine. i5 3770 nvidia 670 and 16 gb of ram. I recently bought the mass effect triliogy to replay the greatness i loved on xbox 360. but when i try to play the first game the highest frames i have achieved is around 25. the constant is 15. and it doesn't matter wheter or not i'm on ultra high textures and particles or if i'm on ultra low. i even turned down my resolution to the lowest it would go to try that. still my fps stayed around 15. i tried repairing the game in origin. nothing. please help.

Message 1 of 10 (27,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect lag/low fps

Hero

If you run the game in Origin, try disabling the Origin in-game overlay in the Origin settings.

What video driver version do you have?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (26,975 Views)

All Replies

Hero

If you run the game in Origin, try disabling the Origin in-game overlay in the Origin settings.

What video driver version do you have?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (26,976 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@williamtbrown09 wrote:

i'm running a very good machine. i5 3770 nvidia 670 and 16 gb of ram. I recently bought the mass effect triliogy to replay the greatness i loved on xbox 360. but when i try to play the first game the highest frames i have achieved is around 25. the constant is 15. and it doesn't matter wheter or not i'm on ultra high textures and particles or if i'm on ultra low. i even turned down my resolution to the lowest it would go to try that. still my fps stayed around 15. i tried repairing the game in origin. nothing. please help.

I've got the same issue. I'm going to try tricks with CPU affinity, because ME 1 was made for those next-gen Dual-Core CPUs. I will report here if any successful tries will make the game run smooth.

Also, my specs

FX8350,Radeon R290X, 8Gb RAM. Latest AMD GPU drivers.

Spoiler
I've got many issues with DA:I. So I thought that I could spend some time in ME trilogy. Traps, traps everywhere, lol. 
Message 3 of 10 (26,969 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Solution is here. Thanks to SimCity community.

Put these arguments in shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe" -CPUCount:1 -CPUPriority:high or in Origin console.

Message 4 of 10 (26,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you opne the origin console?

Message 5 of 10 (25,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

open*

Message 6 of 10 (25,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i know this is six years after you posted, but thank you and also to reply for anyone who comes across this, fred_vdp's solution worked for me. games run perfectly now

specs:

i5-9400

gtx 1660 ti

16 gigs ram

windows 10

Message 7 of 10 (13,731 Views)

★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp WHAT?!! BRO!!! I was trying to solve this for literally hours, then I somehow manage to find this post and "disable origin in-game" fixes it? wtf... U saved my life
Message 8 of 10 (12,153 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THIS IS THE FIX HERE!!!!!!

Message 9 of 10 (8,192 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 10 (8,190 Views)