Original Post

Re: mass effect 1 characters turn black and box like solved

★★★★★ Newbie

same, just got the bug myself with AMD. 

fixed with that FPS mod you guys linked before

Message 11 of 21 (4,087 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PhobicTony That sucks. This the main reason they should Re-master the ME Trilogy. Frown
Message 12 of 21 (4,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PhobicTony after typing viewmode unlit and testing to see if it resolves the issue, go back into the console and type viewmode lit. This fix resets the shadows and still fixes the bug, at least for me, and I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5.
Message 13 of 21 (3,978 Views)

★★ Novice

I was playing through this area and I had to save and relaunch the game before the fight with Benezia and it fixed the problem with the black boxes. I don’t know if that works throughout the facility or just before the fight.

Message 14 of 21 (3,919 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

exact same thing happened to me in the same place in fact, I'm also not sure if some other places have lighting problems but there are some places that i thought were not normal.

Message 15 of 21 (3,743 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here i have a ryzen 9 3800x and this issue is prevalent its a damn shame they 

never updated any of the games to use controller and now this im playing through the trilogy looks like i have to do the unlit method ugh i hate it  

Message 16 of 21 (2,843 Views)

@RockPlaysGames 

Do you saw the mod @Fred_vdp mentioned in post 7?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 17 of 21 (2,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's also a newer mod that works for Ryzen CPUs.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/181

The Legendary Edition comes out soon (probably in a few months). I'm sure the remaster will fix this issue as well as some other lingering problems.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 21 (2,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yea i have the same problem, but I noticed something strange as i got close to the Peak -15 doors the picture broke up a bit and as a result i got the block blobs, now i don't know if anyone else had this problem, just letting you know, also When you use viewmode unlit and the picture is all bright, try saving and leave the game and then return and see what happens, it may or may not work but it worked for me and my picture was normal. I'm going to try on Ilos and see if it works, i will let you know what happens, did not work you'll still  have the black blobs for the full mission after that everything goes back to normal on the Citadel, Just type viewmode lit.

Message 19 of 21 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I solved it by getting in and out of the car.

Message 20 of 21 (1,119 Views)