do ea ever respond to support requests?

by tartusterre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

do ea ever respond to support requests?

★★★ Apprentice

I've got a new laptop and am trying to find an online installer for mass effect 1 as it no longer works if you install from disc.  I eventually try and log a support request with them and the "live chat" button is greyed out, and there appears to be no other way to contact them.  Do they just rely on the users to support themselves these days?

Message 1 of 6 (1,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: do ea ever respond to support requests?

Yeah, they do respond.  Region/where you live can impact availability, what browser you use(firefox I have heard is best), security settings(cookies and the like), pop up and add blockers can impact it, and yeah they do want this forum to do most of the work, as it is cost effective for them.

As far as your issue goes, you should have a ME code, which you should be able to input into the Origin app and thus unlock ME on your EA/Origin profile and allowing you to use the game on any computer that has Origin installed and you are signed in on.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

If you already have origin, then open the app, click on the Origin button at top, the one next to games friends view and help.  In the list that pops down from the origin button look for redeem product code, enter the code as directed and it should unlock it on your account.  Once you do that, it is simply a matter of viewing it in your library of games and downloading it to install.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,659 Views)

All Replies

Yeah, they do respond.  Region/where you live can impact availability, what browser you use(firefox I have heard is best), security settings(cookies and the like), pop up and add blockers can impact it, and yeah they do want this forum to do most of the work, as it is cost effective for them.

As far as your issue goes, you should have a ME code, which you should be able to input into the Origin app and thus unlock ME on your EA/Origin profile and allowing you to use the game on any computer that has Origin installed and you are signed in on.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

If you already have origin, then open the app, click on the Origin button at top, the one next to games friends view and help.  In the list that pops down from the origin button look for redeem product code, enter the code as directed and it should unlock it on your account.  Once you do that, it is simply a matter of viewing it in your library of games and downloading it to install.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 6 (1,660 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@tartusterre;  You *can* install from disc, but you have to start the install process while on-line and connected to your EA/Origin account.

Once the game is registered to your account and the install begins, CANCEL it.  Disconnect (disable) your network, and then re-start the install from disc.

BUT BE AWARE, you won't have all the patches and included content (like BDtS) that would have been included with the EA/Origin install.  No idea if a later "Repair" will get those for you.

Message 3 of 6 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thankyou, that does appear to have done the trick. It's a shame that this solution is not easily available as all previous searches for help guided me towards purchasing the trilogy or signing up to the vault. Seeing as I already own all 3 games I wasn't happy to do that.
Message 4 of 6 (995 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@tartusterre;  Glad you got things sorted. Cool

Message 5 of 6 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Apologies; Kaspersky was blocking the page.  The previous suggestion worked, but it's useful to know there is an alternative should I run into further problems.  Many thanks for all your help; it's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to play and I'm terribly out of practice in troubleshooting.

Message 6 of 6 (968 Views)