Re: Why is origin trying update only when I try to play mass effect

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Why is origin trying update only when I try to play mass effect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

IN the last 1 week, every time I try to play Mass Effect 1, the app try's to update and fails with one of two  messages, the first one is Origin client needs and internet connection. When I clear that error and try again it try's to download a 700mb update and fails every time, I have to go up to the origin download site and start the download, tell it to open and it goes through the update, and I am able to play ME. Now, to make this more challenging, this morning I played one hour of the anthem game, the app loaded normally, and brought the game up as it should. 

As far as I can see this is on you end not mine, the fact that again it is one game having the issue is unbelievable, oh, if I start origin first it loads normally. The problem only occurs if I try to start ME from it's shortcut that was created when I first installed the game. I have tried the clear origin cache as in the instructions that have been sent to me every time I have an issue i with the app.

Loadtheirig

Edited by EA_Neil. Removed your full name as it's a public forum.

Message 1 of 2 (558 Views)

Re: Why is origin trying update only when I try to play mass effect

Hero

Have you tried clearing the Origin cache?

More info and instructions: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (522 Views)