Unable to access a map of the galaxy. Therefore can't navigate Normandy

by Darktenor

Original Post

Unable to access a map of the galaxy. Therefore can't navigate Normandy

★★★ Newbie

Just started ME Trilogy. All seemed fine until trying to leave the Citadel. The problem is that the Normandy won't show me the galaxy. Opening the Galaxy Map just opens the Codex. No stars. 
I've found a posting somewhere suggesting that I use 'X' &/or 'A'. The galaxy map doesn't respond to those keys. 

I've tried different graphic configurations - running game on a nVidia 1050ti card with no other graphic problems. 

Running Windows 7 64bit w' 16Gb RAM

Message 1 of 5 (1,051 Views)

Re: Unable to access a map of the galaxy. Therefore can't navigate Normandy

★★★★★ Expert

'X' key?  'A' key?  Are you trying to play with a game controller?

Message 2 of 5 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, using those keys was advice on a ME on PC forum. 

Using a standard k/b & mouse. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, spacebar doesn't work either. F6 will do a fast save & (as I say above) 'O' opens the codex. No other key on my k/b has a response. (I've tried them all). 

This is whilst standing at the top of the ramp, against the railing, facing forward, backwards, sideways & everything else I could think of. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The default interact key on PC is E. Normally you should be able to see an interact icon on the galaxy map when you're standing close to it. It's the same as opening doors or talking to people.

The advice to press A or X was almost definitely in reference to consoles, because those are the interact buttons for Xbox and PlayStation respectively.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (1,021 Views)