Re: The missing intro video from Xbox 360.

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

The missing intro video from Xbox 360.

★ Apprentice

There any way to restore that? I wonder if someone came up with a mod to add it in there.

Message 1 of 5 (728 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaidan_Shut-up Hi, what system are you playing on? If you're on console modding won't be an option. 

I'm not familiar with an issue with missing video content, can you clarify exactly what's going wrong?

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_David

I'm talking about this video. I just found out the name, it's called "Distress Call".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQyu03-0WM

This vid comes with the console version. It would be impossible to mod a console port of this game and even if you could; I have no intention of doing that. I am however wanting to know how if there is a way to add this video for the PC version of Mass Effect. Sorry my post was so vague.

Message 3 of 5 (694 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaidan_Shut-up Sorry, i'm not too familiar with ME modding. I guess you could try converting that video to BNK and try to get it running at the start of the game, but I don't know if it would work/break something else, and in any case it would be a lot of hassle for little gain, when tabbing out to watch a video is much easier. 

Perhaps you could check over on some of the modding community forums?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I would download the video and save the file as what is currently the file name for one of the opening logo videos (for instance the Demiurge logo). That's already set to play at the start of the game. You'll need to convert it to the Bink format using the official tool: http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

I never knew this video was supposed to be part of the game. I always thought it was just a trailer.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (671 Views)