Selected Save Game could not be loaded. Downloadable Content missing.

by max_exter

Original Post

Re: Selected Save Game could not be loaded. Downloadable Content missing.

★★★ Novice

Well i heard there were some issues with ME1 regarding the DLCs. But i didn't expect that i can't load savegames. Why is that? Both DLCs came with the game when i bought it on Origin(2013). I played both of them already on that same PC and the elephant in the room is, why does it not go away if i choose to repair my installation? I did that twice now. This MassEffect_BDts_EFIGS.exe says Mass Effect not found, doesn't matter in what folder i run it. When i start the MassEffectConfig.exe it shows the Product keys for all 3 items(Game plus both DLCs). In the game i can watch the credits for both DLCs, when i choose the option downloadable content. Does that mean anything? In Origin i just can see that the game is installed, no word about the DLCs.

Message 11 of 26 (3,319 Views)

Hero (Retired)
It's been a while since I've thought about this problem. Did you fully read the first two posts in this thread? Those detailed the steps I took to solve this problem.

How is it you have pinnacle station? Did you get it as part of a trilogy package, or do you simply assume you have it because of the masseffectconfig.exe key entry?
Message 12 of 26 (3,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought the trilogy for 40€ in 2013 on Origin and both DLCs were included. As i mentioned i played them both already. It's just strange that it can't load savegames done by that same installation. I noticed already that Origin still rewrites the config in some way as the resolution is set wrong when i didn't play for a while. Today, again. Had to change it via the config programm back to 1920x1080. 

Edit: Fixed it!!

I just wasn't aware that i changed the language to english back then because the german voiceover is...well disappointing, to put it mildly. Wink

The game can handle language changes, the DLCs don't. I remember that now. You need to edit the BioEngine.ini for that to work and since Origin restores it every now and then.

You have to check it every now and then.

THX, for your fast response anyway.

Message 13 of 26 (3,302 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Good to know about the language settings! I'll have to edit my years old post to tell people to check on that.

I completely agree that it's bizarre the way they handle this. In my case I hadn't ever even installed the DLC and I had this problem.

Message 14 of 26 (3,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Eight freaking years and this is still a thing. smfh

The installer posted here doesn't work for me. It just says "Mass Effect not found. Please install the game from the original source".

Well,it's not looking very hard for the game...considering they're in the same folder. lol...

Message 15 of 26 (3,280 Views)

★★★ Novice

This will be dealt with when the remastered trilogy hits us. Ehh i hope. :D

Message 16 of 26 (3,271 Views)

Hero (Retired)
That's assuming they release it for pc, of course...
Message 17 of 26 (3,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

EASIEST SOLUTION!!

GO TO GAME FOLDER
OPEN FOLDER "BioGame" THEN OPEN "DefaultGame.ini"

SEARCH
m_bIgnoreDLCRequirements = FALSE;

CHANGE IT TO TRUE:

m_bIgnoreDLCRequirements = TRUE;

IF YOU DONT FIND THAT LINE (IDK IF THAT CAN HAPPEN) THEN ADD IT BELOW OF

[BIOC_Base.BioSaveGame]

Message 18 of 26 (3,088 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, Gaston! Two years later and they still haven't fixed this very aggravating issue. DLC packets couldn't find ME1 and nothing here could get my saves to work but this did the trick. I was about ready to just give up on the game. Too many hours spent to simply start over.

Message 19 of 26 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Novice
Wow, I'm glad I help! Didnt think someone would read this 2 years later ^^
Message 20 of 26 (2,285 Views)