Redem the Already Activated Steam Mass Effect 1 on Origin is Possible ?

by GringoTM72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Redem the Already Activated Steam Mass Effect 1 on Origin is Possible ?

★★ Novice

I have read more post, some say is possible (and have a game in his library) and some say it is impossible, i leave in Italy and i have contact the EA CHAT SUPPORT, they have say is not possible to Redem an already Redeamed Steam Code, i want understand the real official EA position, in chat they have told my is not possible, but i don't understand why yes at some people, i have already redeamed ME2 Digital Deluxe and is in library, I want my collection in Origin for Purchasing ME3 and Andromeda, but if is not possible i hate the "Uncomplete Collection" for some Burocracy Problem, and i drop to buy the rest of saga, ( DVD-ROM rest the best choiche.).

Sorry For My BAD English, but i do not like Automatic Translator.

Message 1 of 7 (1,273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Redem the Already Activated Steam Mass Effect 1 on Origin is Possible ?

Community Manager (retired)

@GringoTM72

Thanks for the additional information!

I understand that you would like to have all Mass Effect games in your Origin library and you were redirected to our forum for further help. However, only our game advisers have access to appropriate tools and are able to help in case of an invalid code. My suggestion would be to contact them again. I recommend preparing a proof of purchase from Steam first.Unfortunately, I cannot assure you that ME1 will be added to your EA account since you have access to it via Steam, but it's always good to ask.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,235 Views)

All Replies

Hi @GringoTM72

The code should work in Origin if it was only activated on Steam once in the past.

Also, if you feel more comfortable writing in your native tongue, you can visit our Italian AHQ Standard smile You will be able to better explain your problem there.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (1,257 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is simple, the Steam serial is not accepted on Origin, and the support chat, replies that it is not possible to do anything because the serial I used it on steam.
The thing does not seem correct to me because others have been fixed.

Message 3 of 7 (1,251 Views)

@GringoTM72

What message exactly do you get when you're trying to redeem the code on Origin?

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 7 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The product code you entered is not valid, please re-enter the code.

On steam i have completed the full game, i want only transver my Digital Product on Origin, Steam Account and Origin Account are in same PC, i have taken all in a discount ME + ME II Digital Deluxe Edition, ME 2 Work like a charm and i have already moved on Origin, but ME do not want to do the same.

Message 5 of 7 (1,228 Views)

@GringoTM72

Thanks for the additional information!

I understand that you would like to have all Mass Effect games in your Origin library and you were redirected to our forum for further help. However, only our game advisers have access to appropriate tools and are able to help in case of an invalid code. My suggestion would be to contact them again. I recommend preparing a proof of purchase from Steam first.Unfortunately, I cannot assure you that ME1 will be added to your EA account since you have access to it via Steam, but it's always good to ask.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 7 (1,236 Views)

Hero

It's strange that the support advisers aren't able to help. I also once got help redeeming a non-Origin code in the Origin client. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (1,191 Views)