Re: 'Pinnacle Station' & 'Bring Down The Sky' Steam Version of ME

by pigosso

Original Post

★★★ Novice

yes...  I have to change it every time I play the game now...:-)

Message 11 of 17 (826 Views)

@arc-dash 

You can save the changed Registry key to your Desktop.

This way you can change it per simple double klick before you start the game. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 17 (813 Views)

★★★ Novice

you have to change it AFTER you start the game but BEFORE you "press any key" to enter the Main Menu...:-)

Message 13 of 17 (803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Jason wrote:

Hi @Arkham9,

I'm sorry to hear that, I'll be sure to have a look to see what happened. 

I do have some additional questions for you to check why this is happening and to check if there's an issue with transferring codes to Steam. 

• Did you have both Mass Effect 1 and the DLC on your EA account?
  • Did you link the EA account, with the game and DLC, to Steam?
  • Where did you get the DLC, was it via this page and did you consume the code in the article on your EA account or on your Steam account?

I'll also have a look around to see if there are multiple reports about issues with the ME1 DLC and transferring the data over to Steam. 

@Kenny32673 Agreed, it should be a painless transfer that's easy to do. Would you happen to have a link to the guide on Steam so that I can look into it?

There isn't really much to ask users (on top of accounts having nothing to do with ME1)

https://steamdb.info/changelist/10666889/

It was EA to remove the cd keys from the game, and that directly breaks the dlcs.

Message 14 of 17 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am also having the same problem. I bought these games when they were current which was ages ago & I bought them through Steam. I bought the DLCs over time from EA & from Steam and throughout the years as well. Do you really expect me to keep proof of purchases that long? Do YOU keep proofs of purchases that long??

I tried to find the DLCs to install them again but PC isn't listed as an available platform on your official website???
Specifically Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed, Firewalker Mission Pack, Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker & Arrival.

This is just ridiculous & a mess.

I legitimately bought these DLCs years ago and you've essentially STOLEN them back from me. This is despicable & outrageous.

Message 15 of 17 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried to find the DLCs to install them again but PC isn't listed as an available platform on your official website???
Specifically Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed, Firewalker Mission Pack, Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker & Arrival.

They are all ME2 dlcs, and this is the ME1 forum.

And they are also all available on the same website they were always in for the past half decade.

Message 16 of 17 (715 Views)

★ Novice

@pigosso wrote:

They are all ME2 dlcs, and this is the ME1 forum.

And they are also all available on the same website they were always in for the past half decade.

Im aware this is the ME1 forums. I was brought here through other people linking it about the same issues Im experiencing across all my ME games.
The website I went to do download the DLCs was the EA website. I stated that when I said "your official website".

Message 17 of 17 (710 Views)