[PC] Weird input lag from my keyboard - Shep just keeps walking

by benjbk1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Weird input lag from my keyboard - Shep just keeps walking

★★ Novice

Hello,

as the title suggests, I have some sort of input lag problem in ME1. I have encountered no other problem so far: the game starts and after disabeling the Origin Overlay, I get about 60 FPS in game. Looking around with the mouse also works fine. However, I seem to have a problem with my keyboard. When I press a button, the game reacts immediatly, but when I let go of the button, the lagging starts.

The most prominent example: When I press the W-key, Shep starts walking just fine, but when I let go, he keeps walking. The longer I pressed the key before, the longer his little excursions get (exponentially, I guess). He keeps crashing into walls or runs into enemy lines like some sort of Leeroy Jenkins. The game is impossible to play like this.

I never had this problem before. Does anybody know a solution? Could the fact that I use some old PS/2 Keyboard have anything to do with this?

Thanks in advance!

DxDiag is attached.

Message 1 of 3 (1,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Weird input lag from my keyboard - Shep just keeps walking

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am Sorry, I only just noticed that there was an answer to my post here, but I don't want to withhold the solution I found.

I stumbled over a post in the steam community about another kind of lag problem. Someone suggested installing an ENB. I did not take that serious, since the described lag was not consistent with my experience, but after I couldn't find another solution, I just gave it a try.

And, yeah, it just worked. Here is the link to the ENB: http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_generic.htm

Have a nice day!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (900 Views)

All Replies

Hero

That's a weird one. I don't think I've heard of this issue before.

For troubleshooting purposes, could you map the move forward command to a different key or even to a mouse button just to see what happens?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (956 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am Sorry, I only just noticed that there was an answer to my post here, but I don't want to withhold the solution I found.

I stumbled over a post in the steam community about another kind of lag problem. Someone suggested installing an ENB. I did not take that serious, since the described lag was not consistent with my experience, but after I couldn't find another solution, I just gave it a try.

And, yeah, it just worked. Here is the link to the ENB: http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_generic.htm

Have a nice day!

Message 3 of 3 (901 Views)