[PC] There is a problem connecting to the server. ME1 authorization issue.

by Jocobai

Original Post

Re: [PC] There is a problem connecting to the server. ME1 authorization issue.

★ Guide

my method only works with games using online activation with securom 7 + PA! Authentication of online games with Origin is totally different!

if the game contains the file paul.dll then the protection and activation online is securom

Message 21 of 106 (2,784 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@beerxced79000  I've edited my update post now to make sure people know it won't work for Origin installs. I also won't be marking this thread as solved until we know it's solved for everyone. Thank you again for the information Standard smile

Message 22 of 106 (2,762 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jocobai

Jocobai wrote:

I've edited my update post now to make sure people know it won't work for Origin installs. I also won't be marking this thread as solved until we know it's solved for everyone. Thank you again for the information Standard smile

Very good!

But the best course of action would be to accept the post as solution, so it would be visible on the first page.

This will not interfere with the EA side of things, and it will make it far more easier for other people with the same problem to find the solution. 

A direct link to @beerxced79000 post in the TS3 section would be good as well. Angel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 106 (2,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem with Mirrogs Edge (Win 8.1) . I am installing it through Origin. 

Message 24 of 106 (2,727 Views)

★ Guide

@Jobobai

It can work for games to install under Origin but that passes their activation online with securom PA and not with Origin!

Because there are both possibilities under Origin

The only way to know if this is securom PA behind all this is to check the presence of the file paul.dll in the installation of the game But for that it will be necessary to be helped each user on a case by case for that he finds the file or is installing his game.

the file paul.dll and winui.dll that works with are still in the same folder as that of the game launcher (EXE file with the game icon)! either in the main folder at the root or in a subfolder named as "bin" or "binaries"

example :

NFS shift / mirror's edge / medal of honor 2010mirror.JPGmirror.JPG

shift.JPG

if the server error is displayed in an identical window, it is necessarily securom and not Origin

erreur.JPG

Message 25 of 106 (2,710 Views)

★ Guide

the games that make their activation online with Origin, have a manager named "core" and "activation" file with an EA icon Standard smile

run.JPG

Message 26 of 106 (2,703 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Xentik95

Mirrors Edge on origin don't uses the old authorization method, (no Paul.dll) so the error is not the same.

Restart your router in this way:
Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software.. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.)

Should it work after you disabled the firewall, here is a description how to allow a program to communicate through the firewall.

This ports must be open on your Router:

Origin Ports
TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Clearing your DNS cache. or testing a google DNS could also help.

If that not helps here is a EA connection troubleshooting guide.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 27 of 106 (2,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@holger1405

thank you for this port information is very interesting !

the user must also check on his internet connection that the Ipv4 service works because it is used for proxy "nov **** ion" from EA and activation by securom and for origin and proxy EA it seems to me that everything must be in IPv6

mirror's edge catalyst 2016= Origin activation

Mirror's edge "first" 2007 = securom and paul.dll 

current or recent games use activation with origin, and those of the previous generation can still use securom

Wink

Message 28 of 106 (2,683 Views)

[ Edited ]

@beerxced79000

I am away from home, so I have only a few games on my laptop, but Mirror's edge (2007) is one of them.

So I was referring to the first Mirror's edge. Just to make that clear. Standard smile 

The digital download version of Mirror's edge (2007) is not using the old way of authentication.

I think the differences is in the way you install the game. If you install it with a disk, it will install the old files for the authorization prozes.

The digital download version installs the new files.

Edit: the above is only true for the Origin Access version of the game!

Message 29 of 106 (2,677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405  Ok, if it'll be more helpful, I'll mark the thread as solved. My initial update post looks like a bit of a mess for someone new coming into the situation, so I'll try to write up a cleaner explanation with direct links to the posts, then can mark that as the solution. (Might take me a while to do. Not feeling very well today, so taking it slow and the post might need some corrections/editing, but I'll do my best Standard smile )

Grabbing another coffee, then I'll get to collecting this information together Large smileCoffee cup

@beerxced79000  Ahh, thanks for the clarification and the screenshots Standard smile I don't have Origin so I can't check these things myself. This is going to help a lot with the post I'm about to write to try help newcomers to this thread.

Message 30 of 106 (2,668 Views)