Hi all. When I click on Mass Effect 1 to play, it technically "launches" (my computer asks me to confirm running it, and Origin tells me that I'm in game, playing ME1) but the game doesn't appear on screen. Origin says I've logged over 10k hours of gameplay, when I've not even done 5 hours. This problem has only started since I got a new laptop and redownloaded the game after beginning ME1 on my previous laptop (where everything ran smoothly, but it has been 2 years since I tried to launch the game).
I've spent hours combing through other posts with solutions to ME1 not launching and tried basically everything, but I noticed that all the posts I was seeing were from 2013 or 2014 at the latest and wondered if anyone might have any new solutions. I've tried troubleshooting, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and running it with an XP3 compatibility file. Nothing changed. Is this simply a mysterious glitch?
Thanks to anyone who read this far!
Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.
If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.
If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.
You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button.
To see where the problem might be we would need some info about your system.
See post #2 in this thread.