Re: Need Help: "Failed to enter EntryMenu"

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need Help: "Failed to enter EntryMenu"

★★ Novice

So I'm pretty new to modding ME1 and it was somewhat complex for me not using a mod manager for once. So after finishing adding a dozen or so mods, I launched it for the first time and got this error message. 

"Failed to enter EntryMenu: Failed to load package 'EntryMenu'. Please check log for errors."

I'm not quite sure what caused it or how to troubleshoot this. If I was to take a guess it may be with the one mod "Skip To Main Menu" but I'm not certain. If you are interested in knowing the other mods I've added, I uploaded a pic of my mods list. Any help is appreciated Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (1,619 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Cyanide-Ace 

OK, that are a lot of errors.

The best course of action imho would be to Vanilla the game.

Make a backup of the "BioGame" in the game directory of the Vanilla game.

Then add one Mode after the other, always test the game after one mode got installation and make a backup of the "BioGame" folder as well after any installation. (You can replace the first backup with the second and so on)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,500 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's probably a good idea to ask this question in the modding community. Are these from Nexus Mods?

It could be that one mod is installed improperly or that two or more mods are not compatible with each other. You could disable mods one by one, or you can try a binary search method: Disable half the mods, see if the game launches. Depending on the outcome, disable or re-enable more mods.

I have very little experience with ME1 mods myself, so I don't know how easy or hard it is to just turn them off. My only experience with ME1 mods so far has been MEUITM (texture mod) which made my game crash on Noveria.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,579 Views)

@Cyanide-Ace 

Please go to your "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Logs" folder and attach the last log from there to your next post.

(Reply windows > choose file button)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 3 of 5 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the latest 2 logs. Sorry for the late reply. Been busy. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 4 of 5 (1,506 Views)

@Cyanide-Ace 

OK, that are a lot of errors.

The best course of action imho would be to Vanilla the game.

Make a backup of the "BioGame" in the game directory of the Vanilla game.

Then add one Mode after the other, always test the game after one mode got installation and make a backup of the "BioGame" folder as well after any installation. (You can replace the first backup with the second and so on)

Message 5 of 5 (1,501 Views)