Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

by Achilles808

Original Post

Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

Just downloaded and eventually got Mass Effect 1 to play on my PC after a few issues with missing .dll files and bad codes but now i have a totally new problems that no one else seems to have. The game launches and starts just fine, everything seems to work without a hitch but when i enter the Tactical HUD screen i can't right click and drag, switch guns, or click anything at all to be honest. The logos highlight when i mouse over them but i just can't click anything. If anyone could lend a hand that would be sweet.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (3,682 Views)

Re: Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem; I was able to click and drag once or twice, but now I can't click anything in the Tactical HUD, which is infuriating. I can't select powers, change weapons, give the party orders, anything. Everything else is fine. I'm using Windows 8.

Message 2 of 6 (3,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hahah, I think I fixed it; for some reason my computer didn't want to click while holding down spacebar, so I switched the shift and spacebar key mapping, and it's working so far. I'll update as needed.

Message 3 of 6 (3,600 Views)

★ Novice

Have Windows 7 on latest MacBook pro. Have not right-mouse-button.

In the tactical HUD, I can select any of the options but can't control the camera to AIM biotic attacks.

Outside the game, I can right-click by tapping the track pad with two fingers or clicking the bottom right corner. These don't work in the Tactical HUD.

Message 4 of 6 (3,371 Views)

★ Guide

i just picked up this game over the summer and am having this issue. did anyone get a better fix? i tried switching spacebar for something else, but it didn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (1,265 Views)

★ Novice

I ended up switching to a real Window ls PC and remapping the space bar. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,253 Views)