Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

by Achilles808

Original Post

Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

★★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

Just downloaded and eventually got Mass Effect 1 to play on my PC after a few issues with missing .dll files and bad codes but now i have a totally new problems that no one else seems to have. The game launches and starts just fine, everything seems to work without a hitch but when i enter the Tactical HUD screen i can't right click and drag, switch guns, or click anything at all to be honest. The logos highlight when i mouse over them but i just can't click anything. If anyone could lend a hand that would be sweet.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (2,514 Views)

Re: Mouse doesn't work in Tactical HUD

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem; I was able to click and drag once or twice, but now I can't click anything in the Tactical HUD, which is infuriating. I can't select powers, change weapons, give the party orders, anything. Everything else is fine. I'm using Windows 8.

Message 2 of 6 (2,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hahah, I think I fixed it; for some reason my computer didn't want to click while holding down spacebar, so I switched the shift and spacebar key mapping, and it's working so far. I'll update as needed.

Message 3 of 6 (2,440 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have Windows 7 on latest MacBook pro. Have not right-mouse-button.

In the tactical HUD, I can select any of the options but can't control the camera to AIM biotic attacks.

Outside the game, I can right-click by tapping the track pad with two fingers or clicking the bottom right corner. These don't work in the Tactical HUD.

Message 4 of 6 (2,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i just picked up this game over the summer and am having this issue. did anyone get a better fix? i tried switching spacebar for something else, but it didn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ended up switching to a real Window ls PC and remapping the space bar. 

Message 6 of 6 (93 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help