Re: Mouse Can't "Unselect" for options

by voteDC

Original Post

Mouse Can't "Unselect" for options

★ Novice

Have played through the whole trilogy on Xbox 360, but the friend that owned the console finally moved out so I decided to bite the bullet and buy it for PC. Something funny keeps happening with my mouse, though, seemingly only with the first game. When I try to click on something either in menu or even in character customization, my mouse can't, for lack of a better word, "unselect" from something else. Trying to finalize a character build has me being dragged back into customization tabs because it can't disengage from those. Even being in the game settings has it reading as being in another place and trying to turn things on and off while I try to save settings.

The mods to try getting my controller to work already crashed and burned here and I've tried the idea listed here too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/Mass-Effect-1-in-game-menu-no-longer-responds-to-mouse-click.... I'm really not at all sure what to do D: 

Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)

Re: Mouse Can't "Unselect" for options

★ Guide

Do you have any mouse software running, I've found that a company's own can interfere when gaming.

Are you running the game in Windowed mode? If you are then a program running in the background could be interfering. Try toggling the option in Settings/Graphics to see if that makes a difference.

Message 2 of 2 (462 Views)