Mass Effect

by aloraanne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time I open Mass Effect 1 it makes Origin think it needs to update. I can play the game if I uninstall Origin and reinstall it, but this fix only lasts as long as that game session. This wouldn't be the worst thing, but once it finishes updating, it tells me my operating system isn't suitable, which is not the case (assume everything is updated as well). This does not happen when I load any of the other Mass Effect games or any other game for that matter. This is very problematic for my iso trilogy play-through! Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this or why it is happening? 

Message 1 of 3 (994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect

★ Guide

You can go into Settings on the Origin interface, and select "No Automatic Updates".  It's a toggle on the right side.  Unfortunately, this will affect all games, not just ME1.  It's not like Steam, where you can do it on a game by game basis.  I do it anyway, as I mainly play older games that really won't be getting publisher updates.  It's also critical to do it if you decide to mod any of the Mass Effect games (or any game), as Origin will "update" your game, over-writing your mods.  I decided to replay the ME series with mods, and wow, what a difference.  You might consider it if you're replaying the series.  I love these games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (913 Views)

All Replies

@aloraanne 

Look at this guide. to preform a clean uninstall of Origin.

• Scroll down to "How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way"
  • Follow the instructions to the letter. 
  • reboot.
  • Download this version of the "OriginSetup.exe"
  • Run the installer as Administrator (Right click the "OriginSetup.exe" > Run as an Administrator)
  • Run Origin as Administrator
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (956 Views)

★ Guide

You can go into Settings on the Origin interface, and select "No Automatic Updates".  It's a toggle on the right side.  Unfortunately, this will affect all games, not just ME1.  It's not like Steam, where you can do it on a game by game basis.  I do it anyway, as I mainly play older games that really won't be getting publisher updates.  It's also critical to do it if you decide to mod any of the Mass Effect games (or any game), as Origin will "update" your game, over-writing your mods.  I decided to replay the ME series with mods, and wow, what a difference.  You might consider it if you're replaying the series.  I love these games.

Message 3 of 3 (914 Views)