Rif.: Mass Effect trilogy Installation error

by danilo2358

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect trilogy Installation error

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, I'm Danilo fron Rome (IT).

I apologize for my bad english.

I bought some time ago through Amazon the ME Trilogy on DVD.

The installation failed becouse the server report a connection error, even though I have a good active connection.

I have a active account on ea.com, too.

Suggestions?

Many thanks for any help

Danilo 

Rome (IT)

Message 1 of 5 (1,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, I solved my problem and I wish to share it with the community.

Simply, the DVD obtained through Amazon contains a obsolete version (9.0.0) of Origin client.

The upgrade to the last available version of the client (9.13) was the solution:

after installing it, the client asked to enter my account and finally started the installation of the registered games in the library.

The installation was performed from my DVD so the disc is needed to proceed. I hope there's no need to leave the DVD in the reader when I'll play...

Many thanks again for the help and support.

Best regards.

Danilo, Rome, IT 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (969 Views)

All Replies

@danilo2358 

If you prefer to speak Italian you could post on the Italian section of AHQ. Here is the link

If you prefer to stay here, could you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Furthermore, clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (1,001 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Holger,

many thanks for you kind and useful reply.

i like to speak english (even if with several errors, i know)!

When I posted my question here i was not aware of a IT section of the forum so i firstly posted here, then in the IT section.

I hope that the duplicate question will not cause any "ban" or similar counteractions.

I'll try to follow your suggestions then I'll post here any result, including any error message.

To be totally honest: yesterday, as I wasn't able to install ME1, I uninstalled Origin from my pc and erased every origin-related file/folder/registry entry, so i think i made a "tabula rasa" of any previous aborted installation. That's why I'm not able to post the exact error message I got.

The meaning of the message was that, as I was not online, the activation of the product (ME 1) was failed. 

ASAP (i hope tomorrow night) I'll try to reinstall ME1 and follow your suggestions. 

Many thanks.

Danilo, Rome.

Message 3 of 5 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, I solved my problem and I wish to share it with the community.

Simply, the DVD obtained through Amazon contains a obsolete version (9.0.0) of Origin client.

The upgrade to the last available version of the client (9.13) was the solution:

after installing it, the client asked to enter my account and finally started the installation of the registered games in the library.

The installation was performed from my DVD so the disc is needed to proceed. I hope there's no need to leave the DVD in the reader when I'll play...

Many thanks again for the help and support.

Best regards.

Danilo, Rome, IT 

Message 4 of 5 (970 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@danilo2358 

Thanks for sharing your solution, Danilo! 

Message 5 of 5 (942 Views)