Re: Mass Effect crashed

by KnightOfDoom22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect crashed

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Mass Effect on pc from the original release box and everything was fine, until I tried to actually start a new game. The client always crashes and same with configuring the settings. I have tried multiple ways to play the Mass Effect trilogy, with buying the trilogy box. Activation code doesn't work. I buy number 3, same thing. So I bought 1 and 2 off of ebay, and so far I have only tried Mass Effect 1 and, well, this is why I'm coming to you guys (and gals...). Please help as I know not of what to do.

Commander Shepard,

Signing off,

Message 1 of 5 (1,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@KnightOfDoom22

I am sorry, but you won't be able to play any of the Mass Effect games on this computer.

The Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset Graphic is beneath the minimum system requirements for Mass Effect (and both other games) and is also not supporter by the game.

You would need at least a dedicated GPU. The AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater and the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or greater are listed in the Recommended Requirements for ME3.

They are also very cheep to get these days.

Your Dell Inspiron 560 should have a PCIe x16 slot, but check before you buy anything.

The PSU must also be able to sustain this GPUs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,077 Views)

All Replies

@KnightOfDoom22

I moved your post to the Mass Effect board.

So, one thing after the other:

You installed ME1 from the Trilogy Disk?

The code did get accepted?

Do you get any error messages if you start ME1?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for ME1 trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png 

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

As for the buying.

Buying used Origin games is usually a wast of money. The games are bound to the account they are registered on for the first time, so they cant be used on a different account.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 5 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'll just answer all the questions in order.

1. I tried to once, but the activation code was already used, so I bought just the mass effect 1 box, original one from 2007.

2. To download Mass Effect, yes, and I think it downloaded.

3. No, and I realized that it always opens up the configuration menu, even when I just click play.

And by the way, I did buy it used from eBay, I have the disc, its not scratched, and it did download the game.

I appreciate that you are helping me.

Message 3 of 5 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KnightOfDoom22

I am sorry, but you won't be able to play any of the Mass Effect games on this computer.

The Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset Graphic is beneath the minimum system requirements for Mass Effect (and both other games) and is also not supporter by the game.

You would need at least a dedicated GPU. The AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater and the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or greater are listed in the Recommended Requirements for ME3.

They are also very cheep to get these days.

Your Dell Inspiron 560 should have a PCIe x16 slot, but check before you buy anything.

The PSU must also be able to sustain this GPUs.

Message 4 of 5 (1,078 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it!

Message 5 of 5 (1,003 Views)