Re: Mass Effect Pixellation problem

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Pixellation problem

★ Novice

In Noveria, just before entering Peak 15, all the characters in my party become pixelated black blobs.

(See screenshots for before and after.)

I have tried leaving the program and starting it again. I have tried rebooting. I've waited a couple of days and trying again.

The game is essentially unplayable at this point. Is this a known problem?

Message 1 of 5 (642 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This is a compatibility issue with the entire AMD FX CPU lineup. AMD released these CPUs after the game's initial launch, so I'm afraid it's an issue on their end. The issue is on Noveria and on another planet further in the storyline.

The only workaround is to disable dynamic lighting. It's not pretty, but many people prefer it. Here are instructions on how to do that.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mass_Effect#People_and_objects_become_black

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Sorry. Screenshots available but not able to post them.

Message 2 of 5 (641 Views)

Hero

This is a compatibility issue with the entire AMD FX CPU lineup. AMD released these CPUs after the game's initial launch, so I'm afraid it's an issue on their end. The issue is on Noveria and on another planet further in the storyline.

The only workaround is to disable dynamic lighting. It's not pretty, but many people prefer it. Here are instructions on how to do that.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mass_Effect#People_and_objects_become_black

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (681 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks very!

Message 4 of 5 (622 Views)

★ Novice

I am also facing issues with pixelation of characters on Noveria. As soon as I entered Peak 15 characters became black blobs. I have already gone through all the tips and solutions which should work. But my main problem is even after tweaking the Engine. Console option in BIOinput.ini file and adding the console key command the console option is still not appearing. Have already tried with other key combinations but results are the same. Please help.

Message 5 of 5 (551 Views)