Re: Origin

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Language change.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought Mass Effect series yesterday and set-up Origin client for the first time in my life. I'm a Steam user as well, so I thought there was no problem with changing the game language even if you have downloaded it in your native language. I was wrong, though. I'm Italian, so Mass Effect has been downloaded in Italian, and now I can't change it, neither from in-game options nor from game properties in the client.

Now what? Are you really that backward in EA? Not allowing the user to play the game he bought in whatever language he wants to? I bought several games on Steam, never experienced this kind of situation. Hope you got a solution. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (20,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@drop-box8 Language options are dependent on geographical location, you can find the languages supported in your region by going to the game page and under "Overview" you will see what languages are supported in your region. 

/darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (20,526 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@drop-box8 Language options are dependent on geographical location, you can find the languages supported in your region by going to the game page and under "Overview" you will see what languages are supported in your region. 

/darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (20,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Done it, there are English, German, Spanish and French. Exactly the ones I was looking for. Of course I know I can play in only one of these languages, thing is I can't even choose. :D

Added you on Origin, maybe you can help me over there, if you feel like to.

Message 3 of 6 (20,518 Views)

Community Manager

@drop-box8 Sorry to say but we do not offer support through Origin. 

Can you go into your Origin account settings and change your default language to that which you would like to see in-game,  you can change it using this link: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US

Once done can you launch the game to see if the in-game language has changed.

Let me know how you get on.

/darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (20,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No way, the game still runs in Italian. After changing the region from that link you posted, I did log-out from the client installed on my PC and when I logged in again, the client was still in Italian. And this was already weird, shouldn't it update automatically depending on the region change? Meh, unacceptable to me.

Message 5 of 6 (20,511 Views)

[ Edited ]

@drop-box8

For ME1:

• Go to your "Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect\Config" folder.
  • Open the "BIOEngine.ini" in a text Editor.
  • Search for "Language=ITA" and change it to "Language=INT" (Without the quotes)
  • Save the file.
  • Now ME1 will be in English.

For ME2:

You will be asked which language you want during the installation.

For ME3:

The language change is made in the in game settings.
(Start screen > Extras > Options > Narrative)

Edit: I have also moved your part of this thread to the Mass Effect section. It had nothing to do with the problem in the previous thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 6 (20,452 Views)