Mass Effect Freezing at the END!!! - PS3

by CptForbes

Original Post

Highlighted

Mass Effect Freezing at the END!!! - PS3

★ Novice

I just bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 and enjoyed the epic story but now I can not finish the game because it keeps on freezing at the same part. The game freezes after I kill Saren and the cut scene of Sovereign is destroyed. The actually point at which it freezes is when the game goes to the loading screen. I've played the game multiple times and same thing happens each and every time. Its frustrating to play such an amazing game for it to end like this. Please Help.

Message 1 of 27 (9,893 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Freezing at the END!!! - PS3

Hero

Is it installed to the hard drive? If so, reinstall. When a game always freezes at the exact same point, it means you have data corruption.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 27 (9,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i am having the same problem and the game is not installed to the hdd. cant get past the loading screen after you and your crew are rescued from the rubble by anderson.

Message 3 of 27 (9,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, but in a slightly differnt place. When I get Saren down to half health, the game becomes very unresponsive. If I die, the game freezes on the loading screen or I just get a black screen and it never returns. When I turn off the PS3, it tries and finally give up and gives me the 3 beeps. I am very frustrated.

Message 4 of 27 (9,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with Mass Effect 1 Freezing after the cut scene after the final battle.

I re-tried the final battle about 5-6 times and always crashed at the same point. There was also wa saudio problems and skipping and lag going on.

I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it again and then resumed my game and done the final battle again and it worked!!!

SUCCESS!!! Try re-installing if you are having this problem.

Message 5 of 27 (9,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem, done a reinstall and that didn't fix it.

Message 6 of 27 (9,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. The system froze several times during the fight with Saren and once during the first cut sequence when you get him down to half health for the first time.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the game. It froze again during the Saren battle.

I then put the game on Casual mode and turned off the blur etc in the graphic settings. I beat the battle and got all the way to the next load screen with the Mass Relay. Then it froze again!

This issue seriously needs to be fixed. I'm already not looking forward to possibly encountering issues transferring my character from ME1 to ME2.

Please respond to a solution to this problem.

Message 7 of 27 (9,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's happened to me as well, most often either freezing or (less commonly) showing severe lag while fighting Saren. It has not happened every time however (otherwise I wouldn't have noticed my inability to import my ME 1 character to ME 2). Ihave the North America, PS3, Trilogy set.

Message 8 of 27 (9,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I never found a solution. I just kept fighting Saren until I got lucky and the game finally played through to the credits. I'm on ME2 now, so far no freezing. But EA or BioWare should address this issue. I can understand these problems being difficult to solve on an individual's PC with all the variables, but not on a console.

Message 9 of 27 (9,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with Mass Effect 1. It is freezing after the final battle, after the cut scene.

I can't import the game to Mass Effect 2.

I guess too many of us is having the same issue at the same moment in the game. There should be a fix for this.

Message 10 of 27 (9,359 Views)