Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect Download Offline?

by yhvh10

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Download Offline?

★★★★ Novice

I don’t play on console I play on PC. But I love these (trilogy) games soooo much! I have a friend who only has an XBox One and I would like to get him a copy. He doesn’t have internet and I’ve heard the 360 version of the trilogy will work fine on Xbox One. Since I don’t have console I’m curious. If I get him a copy of the trilogy will he be able to plug and play or will it require some serious work and/or a connection to the internet. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Download Offline?

Hero

I don't have an Xbox One myself, but I did some googling and it turns out an online connection is required. Apparently the disc is only a proof of purchase, and a copy of the game compatible with Xbox One still needs to be downloaded. The game can be played while offline after the installation is complete.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7u61g2/question_is_internet_required_for_backwards/

I don't work for EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect Download Offline?

Hero

I don't have an Xbox One myself, but I did some googling and it turns out an online connection is required. Apparently the disc is only a proof of purchase, and a copy of the game compatible with Xbox One still needs to be downloaded. The game can be played while offline after the installation is complete.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7u61g2/question_is_internet_required_for_backwards/

I don't work for EA.

Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help