Re: Mass Effect DLCs

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect DLCs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! I have a problem with Mass Effect. Years ago I bought it on physical format (DVD) and I get both DLCs Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky, (this one for free) but I lost the DLC key to activate it on Origin. Now I have Mass Effect on Origin but I want to add both DLCs please.
Can you help me?

Thanks in advice and sorry for bad english.

Greetings!

Message 1 of 14 (58,178 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Bring Down the Sky can't be activated on Origin. Instead, you can download it for free. No key required.

Pinnacle Station is another matter. It used to be for sale on Origin but it was taken offline and is now only available as part of the Trilogy Edition. However, people who already had Pinnacle Station before it got pulled still have it in their library, which means the files are still on EA's servers. So I think the way to deal with this is by contacting support and asking them to manually add the DLC to your Origin account.

Update: This comment is dated. Pinnacle Station is now free for PC.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (67,482 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Bring Down the Sky can't be activated on Origin. Instead, you can download it for free. No key required.

Pinnacle Station is another matter. It used to be for sale on Origin but it was taken offline and is now only available as part of the Trilogy Edition. However, people who already had Pinnacle Station before it got pulled still have it in their library, which means the files are still on EA's servers. So I think the way to deal with this is by contacting support and asking them to manually add the DLC to your Origin account.

Update: This comment is dated. Pinnacle Station is now free for PC.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 14 (67,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer!

I already did that. EA support sent me here, they say me it's Bioware issue not of EA. I tried to contact Bioware but the support page is not working so I posted here to see what can I do. At least I know now that BDS cannot be activated on Origin.

Greetings!

Message 3 of 14 (58,155 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm trying to install DLC "Bring Down the Sky" that you give us here, but it giving an error to me:

"Mass Effect is not found.

Please reinstall the game from Origin source and try again."

Could you please help me to resolve that problem? My version of ME was installed from Origin. Maybe the problem with directory that I chose to install the game?

Thank you in advance!

Message 4 of 14 (49,414 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Aravern

Put the BdtS installation exe in the Mass Effect Folder and run it as Administrator. 

">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect"

If that don't helps, set the game language to English and try again. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 14 (49,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Frown I've tried to reinstall the game, but nothing is changed.

Maybe something with the installer of BDtS? Maybe there is another? Or I was a first man, who have problem with this one?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Message 6 of 14 (49,119 Views)
Highlighted

@Aravern

Try this version of BdtS:

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 7 of 14 (49,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

Thanks Holger, but this version doesn't help me too. I can not imagine because of what could be the problem. Frown

Message 8 of 14 (49,088 Views)

@Aravern

You did put the BdtS installation exe in the Mass Effect Folder and you did run it as Administrator?

Is this path to the main game correct? > ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect"

Did you started the Main Game at least once and does it work without problems?

Is you Game language English?

Message 9 of 14 (49,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Holger1405

But on my Laptop the path to the main game is the same as yours. But the problem is there too. And I run it as admin.

Without this DLC, I've started the game earlier and play without any problem. And my saves were conected with cloud storage of Origin.

Game and Origin languages are English.

Message 10 of 14 (49,068 Views)