Betreff: Mass Effect 1 end of game's endless loop

by D3lun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 end of game's endless loop

★★★ Newbie

Playing the Mass Effect trilogy... on PS3... I've searched everywhere and read what's available, but I've seen no solutions or workarounds... plus, all posts are from several years ago, which is why I am asking a fresh question.  Links to deeply buried SOLUTIONS are welcomed.

I played through the game (ME1) and completed it entirely, defeating Sovereign and choosing the counsel member.  The credits roll, I let them go almost entirely before hitting the red "O" to hopefully return to the game and play through the remaining relevant assignments and further develop Shepherd before jumping into ME2.  All my trophies are in place, including the ones for completing the game entirely, and unlocking the extra levels: 51-60.  However, I am sent back to the main screen where I can only "Resume" or "Load" etc.  

When I resume, it picks up the game at the battle with Sovereign, only this time he is nearly unbeatable.  I hit it with everything I've got and either NO DAMAGE is inflicted on Sovereign or he is barely affected and regenerates shields and health faster than I can beat him down.  After reading through other problems like this dating back to 2013, several people have had a similar problem, but have been able to beat Sovereign several times only to be forced to battle him again in an endless loop.  

WHY is this problem still a problem, and more importantly, why can''t I find any solutions for it anywhere?!?!  Surely EA made enough CASH on these titles to justify funding a fix... right??? Even if it has long since passed its prime... the loyalty and gratitude would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 7 (4,051 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@OGSpeedFreak

First, please don't make several posts about the same problem. I closed the threads you necroed. 

Second, I doubt that there is a glitch.

After you beat the game you have the option to "Resume", that will bring you back to the last save before the fight with Sovereign, or you can "Load" a save game before you hit Ilos, the point of no return in ME1 (From here you only can go to the endgame)

That is not a glitch but intended behavior.

If you did not finished some missions you can get back and deal with them, and then return to the end game again. But you will not be able to reach Level 60 in one playthrough, there is simply not enough XP in the game.

To reach level 60 you have to start a New Game +. Or in other words, you have to import the character you finished ME1 back into the game and start a new playthrough.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,034 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@OGSpeedFreak

First, please don't make several posts about the same problem. I closed the threads you necroed. 

Second, I doubt that there is a glitch.

After you beat the game you have the option to "Resume", that will bring you back to the last save before the fight with Sovereign, or you can "Load" a save game before you hit Ilos, the point of no return in ME1 (From here you only can go to the endgame)

That is not a glitch but intended behavior.

If you did not finished some missions you can get back and deal with them, and then return to the end game again. But you will not be able to reach Level 60 in one playthrough, there is simply not enough XP in the game.

To reach level 60 you have to start a New Game +. Or in other words, you have to import the character you finished ME1 back into the game and start a new playthrough.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 7 (4,035 Views)

★ Novice

Hi:

I have the same issue and my problem is that when I start Mass Effect 2 the game won't find any saved ME1 file. And that's problematic for playing ME2 properly!

I really need help this. I don't want to defeat Sovereign for 50th time :__(

Message 3 of 7 (3,902 Views)

[ Edited ]

@D3lun 

Are you on a PC? If so:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/m-p/5810699#M769...

Message 4 of 7 (3,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know if it will work, but when you're doing missions in mako, if you step outside and fight enemies from outside the mako that might give you enough XP. Otherwise maximum you can get is not enough and you need to use New Game+. If I fix my problem with the saves, I will tell you in about 3-5 days. It will be about 45 hours of game play for me. But I used this technique to gain XP faster. I don't remember if in the first time playing there is 50 lvl cap. I did the whole campaign 8 times, but last time it was in 2015.

Message 5 of 7 (3,885 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! OMG  Thanks so much! I was going crazy :D THANKS! <3

Message 6 of 7 (3,874 Views)

@D3lun 

You're welcome!

Have fun gaming.

Message 7 of 7 (3,870 Views)