Re: Mass Effect 1 Unplayable

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 Unplayable

★★★ Novice

Okay so I own ME 1 on Origin. I have played it before on my PC no problem. Right now trying to play it on my old laptop,which runs Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 1 and 2 no problem. This game however KEEPS BREAKING! I am missing the launcher so I can't install  Pinnacle Station which is missing from my game now. It's saying the game has been corrupted or something, all this after just trying to get it too stop weirdly lagging. I'm losing my mind. 

This laptop is running windows 8.1 which I thought might be the reason why, but I have no idea. I have tried every fix, spoken to the staff. I just wanna play my game. Can anyone help?!

Message 1 of 6 (1,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

@PunchABee 

What kind of error? (Screenshot)

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,045 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@PunchABee;  Have you tried the "Repair" option?  The Pinnacle Station and BDtS DLC should both install for you if you have the game through Origin.

Message 2 of 6 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have unistalled, all of it origin, Mass Effect. Reinstalled, repaired, and then updated, still reads an error. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,066 Views)

@PunchABee 

What kind of error? (Screenshot)

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

I seemed to have fixed it by accident. I have no idea how because all I did was just now reinstall the game to take screenshots and it's fixed...I will update if that changes.

Message 5 of 6 (1,028 Views)
Highlighted

@PunchABee 

Good to hear. Have fun gaming!

Message 6 of 6 (1,018 Views)