Mass Effect 1 Strange Lag - Need Help Fixing It (Fixed)

by Admiral_Marksi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 Strange Lag - Need Help Fixing It (Fixed)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have played this awesome game trough 3 times and I wanted to play it again. Sadly there's a game breaking thing. I have never experienced this before: when I look from the Normandy's cockpit to the galaxy map, the fps drops to 15 fps or worse. When I look near me it isn't as bad. Changing the graphics settings doesn't do a thing. 

My specs are: 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

The game has worked perfectly before, and I don't know how to fix this. I've also tried reinstalling the game completely and used the Origin's fix button. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (1,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 1 Strange Lag - Need Help Fixing It

★★★ Newbie
Actually I just fixed it. I was kind of dumb because I didn't think of disabling the Origin overlay ingame. For some reason it fixed it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,867 Views)

All Replies

@Admiral_Marksi 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here's my DxDiag file. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Actually I just fixed it. I was kind of dumb because I didn't think of disabling the Origin overlay ingame. For some reason it fixed it.
Message 4 of 4 (1,868 Views)