Mass Effect 1 - Door in Noveria won't open

by AtomicBlue

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 - Door in Noveria won't open

★★★ Apprentice

I bought Mass Effect Trilogy in Origin, and I've been playing the first game for over 54 hours, and when I got to Noveria, the game got me stuck inside a room with only one door, that I assume was supposed to open, but it doesn't, so I can't get out. I closed the game and opened it again 3 times.

I really don't want to restart from a previous point, but I don't see any other option... I'm really pissed at EA for this...

Message 1 of 5 (2,983 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 - Door in Noveria won't open

@AtomicBlue

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (2,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but i think it isn't a problem of the game, but only a wrong choice of characters, infact i've started the mission without characters with decryption capacity.

I have watch some gameplay and if you take Garrus for example, you cane open the door.

Message 3 of 5 (2,967 Views)

@JarJar_Riks

You're of course right that you need decryption capacity for that door, but you can see in @AtomicBlue screenshot that he has Garrus in the squad.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (2,955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had to restart from a previous save. No, you don't need decryption to open that door, it should open normally.

I'm playing the second game for awhile, and it has a lot of moments whenn you walk through something, and the character stands above it, like floating, and I can't get down, so I have to load a previous save again. Because of that, I'm constantly using quick save, just for safety.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Message 5 of 5 (2,943 Views)