Re: Mass Effect 1 - Camera angle glitch

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 - Camera angle glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I recently bought Mass Effect 1 to do a comlpete play through, however I am having trouble with the camera angle in game. It forces me to look either from a (nearly) straight down or up angle and any movement by the mouse causes it to rapidly spin.  No matter what I try it will not correct the camera angle.

I've tried: 

-Unplugging everything but the mouse and keyboard

-updating the game and drivers

-reinstalling

-restarting

-running in compatibilty mode and as an administrator

-A different mouse

-turning off hardware acceleration

- checking/unchecknig the in game option reading "Hardware Mouse"

-and customer support had no idea.

Help me please!

for an example of the problem I am experiencing visit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1xVgvR4B18 (about 16 seconds in)

Message 1 of 7 (6,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Discovered a fix: unplug my controller when playing. Seems like a pain in the butt, but it works. Any idea what the problem is? Is EA trying to integrate controllers with the PC versions of Mass Effect? Or is it because of the Trilogy release (which are NOT the versions of Mass Effect 1-3 that I own)?

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (7,255 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I'm having the EXACT same problem! I've also tried all the same steps. It seems that the ONLY way to get the camera to cooperate is when you're actively pressing & holding a key on the keyboard, i.e. moving, sprinting, etc. This makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE to do anything on the Galaxy Map, BTW, and VERY DIFFICULT to do anything in-game.

This is a VERY RECENT PROBLEM: I had no problems at all last Thursday, and now my game is nearly impossible to play! What gives? What has EA done recently to mess up the game? There isn't a new patch, and it's NOT my hardware!

Message 2 of 7 (6,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

Discovered a fix: unplug my controller when playing. Seems like a pain in the butt, but it works. Any idea what the problem is? Is EA trying to integrate controllers with the PC versions of Mass Effect? Or is it because of the Trilogy release (which are NOT the versions of Mass Effect 1-3 that I own)?

Message 3 of 7 (7,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

None of the PC versions of the Mass Effect games have, or ever have had, support for controllers.

So while the behaviour may be linked to yours, it's not "by design". Confusedmileywink:

Message 4 of 7 (6,479 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding everyone, I never had a chance to try what was suggested, as after I did a complete clean sweep (reinstalled windows) it had fixed itself. I did this for other reasons (not because of my original problem) but it worked so I guess if your desperate to play the game, its worth a shot. Can anyone confirm that unplugging and replugging the keyboard or controller works?

Message 5 of 7 (6,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know, super old thread, BUT can confirm it's a controller issue. I just unplugged it and the problem was solve. You can even plug the controller in again. Kinda strange bug.

Message 6 of 7 (4,444 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @saevik787

It doesn't matter that the thread is old. Thank you for finding it and sharing your answer with the rest of the Community. Now we can mark the accepted solution :eahigh_file:

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 7 (4,373 Views)